cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Having to reboot before box responds. Just started recently,anyone else having this problem?

Go to solution

After months of trouble free viewing I am now having to reboot before the box responds when turning on.

Once I reboot and get to the YouView start it is okay.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Having to reboot before box responds. Just started recently,anyone else having this problem?

Go to solution

@Filosopher 

Have you tried a standard reboot as it can cure most ills, or are you suggesting that is what you have to do every time to get it going?

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box- 

A factory reset may be the only option if a standard reboot doesn't fix your issue, but it will delete everything.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Re: Having to reboot before box responds. Just started recently,anyone else having this problem?

Go to solution
Tried factory reset! Now lost everything and the remote will only switch the box on or off! No home ,no guide,can't record,can't gèt to settings! I can only watch bt using my LG universal remote.
Now what do I do?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Call BT and ask for help. They will likely send a new box, possibly with an engineer.

Also worth just leaving it unplugged from the mains for a while before trying again.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Rang BT,promised to call me back.Still waiting! So much for

being a customer for over 50 years!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
A second phonecall to BT and I have been promised a new remote is on
the way followed by a phone call after it has arrived to see if it has solved the problem. If this doesn't work I will ask for an engineer and a replacement for my old pro box. Watch this space!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
Should have arrived yesterday and no phonecall !
When I try to track the order I get "access denied" and Royal Mail don't recognise the tracking reference! Hang on text message from BT on Thursday evening just before 7.00pm, despatched 2nd Class Royal Mail! MIGHT BE NEXT WEEK if I'm lucky!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
In the interim I have paired the EETV app on my iPad with the box and I can schedule recordings and then use my LG universal control to access them. The problem is clearly the Remote and not the box.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Dare I ask if you have changed the remote batteries and/or tried a reset?

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Did all the obvious and then took your advice and rang BT.
Should get new remote in the next couple of days otherwise I can
get a replacement via Amazon and have it delivered next day!
Thanks for your input, will post once it is sorted.
0 Ratings