cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Engineer Called : Update

Go to solution

Just turned on the box of tricks to come across a new "issue". Now HD channels are pixelating, see attached.

Freeview channels ok and app streaming OK.

So I followed my daily routine of a box reboot and the "issue" resolved.

But once again surely I shouldn't have to do this each time I want to watch TV!?

20220511_210933.jpg

This should be Sky Nature HD

@DavidM 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @PJCORNELLY and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're still having problems. Are you still connected via the powerline adaptors?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM ,

The box is connected via a BT WiFi Disc that's located about 2 metres from the box. The box is hard wired to the disc. I have several discs dotted around.

I live in an old house with thick walls wifi is difficult to reach around my home without the discs. The Pro box will have Internet connection issues over the WiFi for sure so I have to hard wire.

Sky Q multi room mini boxes would not work over WiFi but no issues hard wired.

Hope that helps.

I've not switched the box on today home later. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Ah right, no via BT disc. HALO 3

DqAbmurnVuvGPyGgQK5nS8.jpg

 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @PJCORNELLY ,

Thanks for getting back. That might explain why you're seeing this issue. Can you check the signal strength on the disc?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

@DavidM 

Here is the Full Internet info

IMG-20220514-WA0003.jpg

 

IMG-20220514-WA0005.jpg

 

IMG-20220514-WA0004.jpg

 

IMG-20220514-WA0006.jpg

it clearly shows that the signal strength to and from the disc is excellent, the signal strength at the Pro Box is also excellent. This information is downloaded from the BT website.

I've just tried the box before replying and it seems OK at the moment.

As previously explained I struggle with signal due to the walls in my house, but I am getting Good to Excellent since switching to Halo3 and placing the discs around the place. If that is not sufficient for BT TV to function then I hope BT can accept this and cancel.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Go to solution

I may be mistaken here but the complete wifi is not supported for BT tv so if it's causing issues it's not supported/a grounds for cancellation

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Go to solution

@garybs29 

Thanks for your comment but I think you need to not worry about my contract with BT. You are not aware of the many private and verbal communications that have taken place.

I am working through the issues with the tech team and administration, BT administration have requested I work with the tech team to close off all workable avenues before they terminate the contract if indeed we get that far! It is the Tech team that are highlighting the WiFi aspect being the problem as this is where my problems lie, streaming, apps etc. Not Freeview.

I have to say that BT have been incredibly helpful and @DavidM has gone above and beyond calling me to walk through my issues.

It's a shame that my experience has been problematic since week one.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution
Having similar problems..have had to reboot 3 times so far while watching the Championship play off on 442 (Sports Football) one of my Big Sports Channels. If it continues I will sadly have to cancel. The Pro Box is very erratic, how do I get a new one .Working fine again now that I am typing this message.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution
Spoke too soon,now got " a problem with your broadband IPC6023.
Switch to BBC /ITV HD and all working
0 Ratings