cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

IPC 6023 - Television doesn’t work

Getting the above code since before Christmas, BT sent an Engineer out to replace the box but the same thing happened with the new box and he could not get it to work on the day of the visit. 

The code suggests there is no internet to the box however in the settings it shows as the internet has connected. Prior to this it worked fine for 12 months… 

I have 900 mb/s and have even tried hard wiring it with the same issues, i’ve reset the box about 5 times and also the internet itself. 

Even the engineer couldn’t get it working and he suggests it’s  software issue but i’m taking it that the whole of england don’t have this issue so I struggle to understand that… 

He marked the job as incomplete. But i’ve had no call from BT ? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: IPC 6023 - Television doesn’t work

@cassitya 

The code means Multicast isn’t working. That’s the method BT/EE use to supply the streamed channels in the 300-upwards range on the EPG, and the whole range of channels for those using the IP channels on the Pro box.

Your email will work fine over the internet, browsing will work fine, and the vast majority of internet-connected things will work fine, except for the streaming channels mentioned above.

Even the Now channels, watched in the Now app on the Pro box will work, both live and catchup. And all the catchup apps on the Pro box will work also.

Doesn't mean that EE shouldn’t be moving heaven and earth to get Multicast working for you, as long as you are using an approved EE/BT router, and haven’t messed about with its configuration, but it does explain why the internet shows as connected; it is.

If you are using IP Mode on the Pro box, but you have a terrestrial aerial such that you can revert to Broadcast Mode (or Aerial Mode, or whatever they call it) then you might want to consider changing over to that, until this problem is fixed. At least this will let you watch the regular Freeview channels for the time being.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

I’ve not touched the box to be honest so should something have changed ? 

Do you know what the permanent fix is from BT? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I don’t know what IP mode is or pro mode and I don’t actually have an aerial, prior to BT i Had SKY which didn’t need an aerial. 

Surely BT should just be able to fix it ? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@cassitya 

If it used to work, then yes something has changed. But if you haven’t touched it, and a BT engineer in your home couldn’t fix it, then the issue would seem to be upstream at BT, and they need to fix it there.

And that should be a reasonably stable fix, though nobody will guarantee you permanent. But let’s say ‘no more likely to fail in future than anybody else’s in the whole of England’.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@cassitya 

If you haven’t got an aerial, then to watch Freeview channels on your Pro box (YouView recorder), you must be using IP mode, i.e. getting them over the internet. Except that with IPC6023, you won’t be.

And yes BT should be able to fix it, but it might take some digging, and I wouldn’t use the ‘j’ word myself.

But you might want to ask them, if this is going on for any length of time, if you really ought to be paying for the service, over the time you haven’t been getting it. Mentioning the monetary aspect has been known to concentrate minds 😛

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Sorry that you're not getting the service you deserve here.
Please call us again and ask for the issue to be passed to 2nd line - they know exactly how to investigate this error code (which unfortunately has a large number of different causes that each need to be checked).
If you don't get the response you'd hope for, please email me at tv.apps@bt.com providing your account number and complaint reference.
Tags (1)
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

But as the job was marked as incomplete, shouldn’t good customer service look like you calling me to proactively resolve the issue ? 

I’ve been in darkness all christmas waiting for a call. 

It’s awful really. 

Why do I have to go out of my way again to resolve this when it’s an open issue on your side ? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

I totally agree @cassitya - you shouldn't have needed to do anything so far other than report the fault. It's possible that someone may be in touch, and it's possible that your fault has already been referred to our 2nd line team.
Email me your account number and fault reference if you'd like me to check.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Hey, 

i’ve send you two emails thanks 

0 Ratings