cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

IPC6023 Error on Sports channels

Go to solution

When trying to watch TNT or Skys sports on my BT box I am getting an IPC6023 error.  Have reset everything multiple times & spent an hour with customer care trying things but the issue remains.  It is the same whether connected by ethernet cable or wireless.  Apps on the box such as Netflix are working ok and other devices are using the wifi no problem.  I've seen other posts on here and tried a bunch of their solutions but with no joy.  Everything was fine yesterday, just suddenly stopped working today.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: IPC6023 Error on Sports channels

Go to solution

Assuming you've gone through the normal error page here:

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/what-do-the-bt-tv-error-codes-mean-

You'll need the likes of @DarrenDev and @David_H to help you on this one, like they did here previously.

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/EE-tv-IPC6023-message/td-p/2359781

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/IPC6023/td-p/2312606

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Tried the troubleshooting guides but still no sports channels.  Have logged a call with BT but based on previous experience not that optimistic hence approaching this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Cozversion1 You’ve come to the right place here. Just trust the process. The mods and other EE/BT staff who come on here are excellent. They will ask the right questions to get to the bottom of your issue. Some issues are more complex than they may first appear, and speaking from personal experience on here, I have the utmost respect for the help and advice that I’ve received from them.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, apologies for only just getting on the bus, I was away yesterday, doubly busy today and only just catching up.

@Cozversion1 I've been able to track your box down on the logs and from what I can see you had a sustained outage from around 3pm on 5th April with a service restored on that FTTP circuit since around 00:50 on the 8th. The problem looks  to be down to an outage on a network switch in Walton-on-Thames that your TV service routes through, hence the IPC6023 dialog(s) you experienced - if you are still experiencing any issues could you let me know here and I'll engage the relevant teams.

thanks,

David

@Brucemeister5 loving the "Just trust the process" - could I put that on my strap line? 😎

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hello David.

Happy to report that all seems to be working again.  The timings you listed seem to match exactly with the outage, glad it was a real issue that got sorted without too much bother.

Thanks so much for looking into it for me & finding the issue.

Colin