cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

IPC6023 Error

Go to solution

Hi This is my first post. I have BT TV with a BT TV Pro box. I can watch channels via the APPS but if i use the Guide I get a black screen and the the message IPC6023 error. I have contacted the helpline and the Box has been factory reset, I have had a TV engineer at home who changed the box, Factory reset the HuB and reset the Router where the fibre goes in all to no avail. I'm current waiting 3 days for an "Expert" to call me but have been told they are backed up for several days. I'm ready to chuck the box in the bin and cancel my subscription as im not getting what i have paid for.

I have read that it might be a software switch on the OpenReach side as there is nothing wrong in my house.

If anyone has any suggestions please help.

Simon

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: IPC6023 Error

Go to solution

This is a ridiculously well known and long standing problem which BT should have bottomed out long ago.

Enter IPC6023 in the search bar above and you will see what I mean.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @SCB123

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

I am sorry for the error IPC6023 you're seeing when trying to watch your subscription channels.  I appreciate the time you have spent on the phone trying to get this sorted.

We can pick up from here and help resolve everything.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @scb123 thank you for posting, follow up on what @RobbieMac has mentioned, I can see both your TV box and hub data and agree with your diagnosis that the issue is at the network. There's no multicast present at the hub so none of the extra TV channels will be available though the catch up players will all work as they are streaming services.

We've raised a case with Openreach to have this investigated and I hope we will an initial response to a request to flex the circuit over night to reset the config. 

I'll check again tomorrow and post back on progress,

sorry for the hassle,

David

Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the response, my experience to date means i will not hold my breath - I hope to be wrong. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

HI,

Well whatever was done worked and my TV box is now fully functional. Obviously it was something outside of my house. The general problem as can be seen on this forum is not unknown and i think it should be more widely distributed at first line level at BT or solve it once and for all.

Anyway - Thankyou

Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

@SCB123 

Yes, but the problem wasn’t at BT/EE, it was out in the broadband network, as maintained by OpenReach.

So it becomes a problem of what automated line checks are made by OpenReach, and can they, and should they, be able to detect misconfigurations like the lack of multicast, and proactively report, or even better heal, such issues?

I wonder if there are vast swathes of circuits out there not passing multicast, which users never notice because they don’t rely on it?

I suppose Hub 2s could report the lack of multicast; but even there, they would have to know that there was supposed to be some going on. Which IPC6023 anyway reports to the people relying on it, for EE TV at least.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I am having exactly the same issue with the same responses from BT ie new boxes etc. Please could you send me the fix you mentioned?

Many thanks 

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Michael

The fix I have found which works for me is not to use the ethernet option on the EE smart disc and then my BT Box Pro works fine.

I have tried the EE Smart disc with the ethernet connection plugged into the ethernet LAN which also has the BT Box Pro ethernet connection but that gives the IPC6023 error.

Thinking the LAN may be the route of the problem I tried it with the EE Smart disc plugged into it's own ethernet socket on the EE Smart Plus hub but that still gave the IPC6023 error on the BT Box Pro.

My conclusion is the BT Smart Box Pro using an ethernet connection cannot cope with a EE Smart disc using an ethernet connection on the EE Smart Plus hub.

It could be the EE hub and/or EE disc are faulty. I will pursue this but as I transferred from BT, the ethernet set up worked fine with their components by the way, my EE account has not been able to register my BT details. So according to the EE system I do not have EE broadband or TV. This latter problem is being worked on by EE but my transfer is in the queue somewhere!

Roger

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks Roger, but I was using the Smart Plus hub wirelessly (ie wifi connection to my BT router so no ethernet connection between my router and the Hub). The fix suggested by BT is to connect one of my Smart discs to the Smart Hub using an ethernet cable. I have tried this but it has made no difference at all.
0 Ratings