cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

IPC6023 error. Unable to watch live TV channels after upgrade to Fibre 900

Hi. I get an ipc6023 error when trying to watch any live channels on my bt tv box, ever since an upgrade from copper to fibre about 9 days ago. BT did various checks then said they'd report it to another team but I've heard nothing since. This seems to be a much reported issue in this community but I haven't been able to find an actual solution. Is there anything I can do other than just keep waiting for this to be fixed please?

Not sure if it has any relevance but should mention that my wifi speed is all over the place since the upgrade,  ranging from 15mbps to 400mbps. I've been told by BTthat I just have to wait for that to settle down (which seems odd to me but I am hoping that is true).

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: IPC6023 error. Unable to watch live TV channels after upgrade to Fibre 900

Good morning @GreenGoblin.

Welcome to the BT Community forums!

I can imagine this must be so tough if this was working prior to making the switch over to Full Fibre. 

Is this a constant error you're seeing and you can't watch any TV full stop, or is it intermittent?

Also what sort of connection are you using to your TV box?
Peter

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hi Peter. Thanks for your reply. I'm using a WiFi connection to the TV. I can watch TV through apps like iplayer, Now, netflix etc, but all channels I try to access from the TV guide just come up with the ipc6023 error every time  and have done ever since the switch to fibre. I did call BT again yesterday and they say the TMC team has a case backlog but should be in touch this week.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the update @GreenGoblin.

They may have already checked all of this with you prior to raising it with TMC, but did they get you to try a speed test within the Netflix app to see what kind of speeds you're getting to the box itself?

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@GreenGoblin 

There is no settling down with full fibre, speed should be there instantly.

Did your BT Smarthub get replaced at the same time? Like Smarthub to Smarthub 2.

The speed issue could be that the Smarthub is set to auto for the channel selection rather than a fixed channel. For the 5gHZ band avoid channel 36 as that's used by Sky Q and can be an issue if you or close neighbours have a Sky Q box.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi. No, nobody has mentioned that before. I've just tried it and got a result of 141mbps from netflix (and currently getting 339mbps on my phone). 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for this. It's disappointing that BT would tell me that there's a settling down period if that's not true.

I've had a smart hub 2 for a while now. Can't remember exactly how long but certainly for at least a year and I didn't get a different hub as part of the upgrade to fibre. How would I check or change the channel details that you mentioned please as I can't see any buttons for that on the hub itself?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@TimCurtis Actually I've found instructions on how to get to a hub manager. That shows 2.4ghz as using smart channel 11 and 5ghz using smart channel 36. Wireless Mode is set to mode 1. Does that help at all?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@GreenGoblin 

Certainly change the 5gHZ channel to something above 36 just in case and don't use smart channel set to on. Manually set your channel.

Also I'd power off the ONT and restart it and then power off the SH2 as that can sometimes reset things to your advantage.

0 Ratings