cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

If BT makes a mistake on your bill they won't correct it

Go to solution

Long story, hopefully short but a warning to all customers. 

In September last year I got the Pro box and mini-box cancelling the second extra recordable box. In April I decided to cancel the mini-box (partly in protest at the ridiculous price increases) as we hardly used it. I got an email confirming the cancellation. However, I didn't notice the details said it was cancelling the TV Everywhere with Extra Box - in skim reading I think I just saw the Extra Box and assumed this was the Mini-Box.

Since then I have had some issues to deal with which mean I haven't paid religious attention to my BT Bill but I noticed this week that I am still being charged for the mini-box. I have rung up to complain that I have been billed for a service I didn't want and haven't used for 5 months and I expect a refund.

Apparently it is my fault that I didn't notice that what was cancelled was a service I was last billed for a year ago and by not checking my bill in detail it is too late to do anything about it.

So beware, any billing mistakes are your responsibility to spot as BT accept to responsibility for their mistakes.

After being a customer for about 30 years, 23 of which were as an employee, I will be cancelling all BT/EE services as soon as I am contractually able and they can say goodbye to the £150+ a month they currently take from me.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: If BT makes a mistake on your bill they won't correct it

Go to solution

Hi @NorthernLight,

I am so sorry to read about your experience.

I think it would be best if we, as BT employees, take a look into this and find out why we didn't stop the billing when you asked.

We'll do our best to help you. I'm going to send you a private message in a minute.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: If BT makes a mistake on your bill they won't correct it

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out. I managed to get to speak to a manager who resolved things for me in the end but it shouldn't be necessary for a customer to battle for a refund in a situation where the mistake was obviously BTs. At times I felt like I was being treated like I was trying to scam BT for my refund (which was only £40 BTW but a matter of principle).

I am thankfully no longer a BT employee having left 3 years ago but it does give me some insider knowledge.

0 Ratings