cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 48

Youview missing apps

Go to solution

Hi. In last few days the stv and Channel 4 apps no longer feature on app line. Have tried cables and resets. Connected bt "help" and followed reset etc but still not there. Tried reset using iptv as I have a pro box and apps appear but lose over 100 channels. Any suggestions on how to get apps and channels. Thanks all

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Message 2 of 48

Re: Youview missing apps

Go to solution

@Gss67  If you are in IPTV mode you don't get all Freeview channels, the ones you get are mostly HD versions on the BBC  channels, Itv , C4;line up C5's channels the others are not in HD eg HGTV etc. As I only use IPTV can't comment on the apps as I have them on mine, but did notice the BT App has been shunted along the lineup. Hope this helps. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks for the information 👍 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution

Possibly you had a Freeview aerial reception issue when in aerial mode, quite a lot of atmospheric conditions recently that could impact signals.  Also Freeview have been subject to various  multiplex changes to reflect changes being moved around.  Some Apps in aerial mode are determined by the channels received on the aerial feed.
Suggest if you want to use aerial mode rather than stay in Ip mode that you revert back. Which will  involve a reset and see if that gives  you what you expect.

General point on App ordering on Homepage . The Featured apps are featured apps and different ordering may occur as differing apps are featured. And may differ from the standard order that appears when you select the Apps tile.

Message 5 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks for the information 👍

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

I'm getting similar issues now as well, specifically the following apps are missing from the Apps menu:

- STV Player

- ITVX

- Channel 4.

They were definitely showing earlier in the week so assume this may be to do with a firmware update.

I'm running a BT Pro box in aerial mode with no issue receiving any channels, although slightly oddly, no "logo" displays on the guide for 

1-BBC One Scot

2-BBC Two

3-STV

7-BBC Alba

9-BBC Scotland

13 - E4

30 - E4+1

35-STV+1

101 - BBC 1 Scot HD

102 - BBC 2 HD

103 - STV HD

106 - BBC Scotland HD

204- CBBC HD

Very odd 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks for the information. I have decided to do iptv on box and use aerial direct to tv. Best of both worlds but ideal

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

@ChrisR6262  the logo experience  suggests a problem with data  ar Youview most likely  due to reaction to the Freeview  channels this week.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

Just lost STV Player on BT box..

Been arguing with "help desk " who eventually said the app is no longer available,  but I could use ITV Player instead..

Got involved in arguing about TV territory, England, Scotland and Wales. 

They then tried to tell me the Player comes with the tv box 📦...

I said IT DID,  last year...

Still no helpful staff 😕 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution

Noticed this morning that for the channels with no logo, there's also no programme information in the backwards guide. The next 7 days is populated but on searching for shows these don't show. So searching "On Now and Later" for EastEnders brings up the BBC Three and Drama shows only, and it's blind to BBC One!

Hopefully just a temporary data issue stemming from Freeview changes and everything will shortly, and if not that someone in BT is aware.

Separately the missing apps are still missing, although for SOME shows I can search from the Main BTTV menu and enter that way. Certainly the shows on the 4 app are all being scraped through to the menu, whereas STV and ITVX shows are varied. I've no way of watching Emmerdale or (current) Coronation Street on demand whereas the classics on ITVX are scraped through. So the apps are still there but hidden.

It's strange that these two quite separate issues seem to have surfaced at once.

0 Ratings