cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Incomplete recordings of Channel 4 HD

I usually only record programs on three channels: ITV HD, Channel 4 HD, and Channel 5 HD.

All of the recordings made from Channel 5 HD are complete: the recordings start around 20 seconds before the program starts and end two minutes or so after the program ends.

All of the recordings made from ITV HD are also complete: the recordings start around 20 seconds before the program starts and end 5 to 10 seconds after the program ends.

The problem is Channel 4 HD, the rcordings are ALWAYS incomplete: the recordings start anywhere between 10 and 60 seconds AFTER the program starts and ends 5 minutes or so after the program ends. Sometimes it records the first 10 to 60 seconds of the next program.

Can this be fixed?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Incomplete recordings of Channel 4 HD

@xicoperez 

Which YouView box do you have, and if the Pro box, are you using an aerial, or IP Mode?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Hola @Midnight_Voice,

Which YouView box do you have

According to "Device information", the Manufacturer is Humax, the Model is DTRT2100, and the Variant is 84B08500.

if the Pro box

I do not know what that is, but it does not ring a bell.

are you using an aerial, or IP Mode?

According to the settings, I am connected via am ethernet cable. Is that what you are asking?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@xicoperez 

Thanks, I was asking if you use an aerial with it, but as it is a DTR-T2100, you must be, so that answers my question.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

The timing for recordings in aerial mode is entirely controlled by the broadcaster - they send a signal down the aerial that tells the box when each programme is starting and ending. I'm afraid there's nothing that can be done on the box to change this.
Message 6 of 12

@DarrenDev 

Implement padding?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@Midnight_Voicewrote:

@DarrenDev 

Implement padding?

Wishful thinking? 😁

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

It's almost 12 years since YouView launched, and I'm pretty sure padding on recordings was one of the first features to be requested. I think it's fair to say it's never going to happen.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

But @DarrenDev why over the course of 12 years has the BT Group representatives  on the YouView board  and the  EE/BT TV box design  teams not progressed the service to provide more control of recordings to the customer.  I think most people would consider complete recordings to be desirable in a PVR.

Message 10 of 12

I assume that question is rhetorical @zulu17 ?
That's not information I would ever be privy to.
0 Ratings