cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 29

Internet TV Channels - Last updated 26th August 2022

I was hoping that the addition of internet channels would see a slow but sure adding of channels - but 9 months and no more channels....

Sky stream seems to be quite health on what it adds to its line up, and there are free channels which are there that BT have not added yet.

Anyone know if this is it? Or will there suddenly be a hit of additions in one go?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Re: Internet TV Channels - Last updated 26th August 2022

I agree, there needs to be more channels.

I have switched back to aerial mode until there are more updates for me to consider it again. 

Message 3 of 29

Nothing has been announced but speculation is that something could happen when BT TV and BT Retail is rebranded to EE. There could be a push then but I hope they stick to quality over quantity. One shopping channel is too far too many in my eyes 😆

There's also the rebrand of BT Sport happening soon which will be bring the relationship between BT and Discovery a bit closer so Discovery could make more of their linear channels available but this is all speculation.

Message 4 of 29

Fingers crossed @NigelB72 

They really need to try and not let it slip backwards.

I am optimistic that there will be more changes to come that will make it a more competitive product.

Message 5 of 29

@Weerab1983 also, Youview have officially closed their community forums which pretty much ends Youview as a retail platform. This should mean that BT/EE have total control and it'll become a closed platform. I can see it becoming a closed network product and move away from the Freeview EPG. All channels delivered via IP and those that want Freeview/Freesat channels can plug an aerial or dish into their TV. 

Message 6 of 29

I must say that although there could be a few more useful channels, I would not switch back to freeview as internet channels include a lot of HD channels not on freeview.  I was even more surprised at how many were running with 5.1 surround sound.

Message 7 of 29

@Tod55 I think 5.1 is few and far between on the Freeview/ Free to view channels anyway because of the bandwidth it uses 

Message 8 of 29

I know that @NigelB72 with regards to plugging aerial into TV, although some of the channels that I want to record aren't included in the current amount of internet channels available.

I also seen the news about YouView. Interesting times ahead it seems...

Message 9 of 29

I've only just discovered internet channel mode instead of Freeview, as recently, I couldn't get HD channels 101-105 on Freeview so I gave up and reset my box to internet only. I love it, 1,2,3,4,5 instead of 101 etc, all in HD, ITV2, 3 and 4 in HD etc. All the trash Freeview channels not clogging up the TV guide.

Message 10 of 29

It’s almost as if the team that worked on getting these Internet Channels set up has disbanded. Not a single addition since they went live. 

I had expected them to keep pushing, getting more and more channels on. It’s pretty bad that the UKTV channels aren’t on there, a pretty poor show that. 

0 Ratings