cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 29

Re: Internet TV Channels - Last updated 26th August 2022

Sky stream have just added all the great channels aswell.  Why is it so hard for bt to do this ??

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 29

With Sky adding the Great! Channels I hope these get added to BT soon after 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 29

I struggle with this.

On the one hand I sort of wish BT would take the IPTV platform more seriously and add more channels to keep pace with the likes of Sky, but I know it takes two to tango.

On the other, I’m not really bothered because for us, if we even watch anything on a traditional Freeview channel, it tends to be BBC 1 and 2, itv1, Channel 4 and 5 HD only and I am lucky enough to have a working aerial and satellite dish.

To be honest, my preference would be BT spend their time getting the kit and OS right, such as enabling voice control (“skip 4 minutes” is all I need!) and adding key apps like Disney+, before worrying about extra channels most people can already get in some way shape or form.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 29

They should definitely worry about more channels as this is the primary function of the set top box.  

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 29

Agreed, BT or EE (due to the merger) need to get their finger out, otherwise it is a dead duck!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 29

Yes i agree .  We expect like for like after all its not as though bttv is much or if any cheaper. 

More apps more channels 

I am really interested in seeing if the great channels on sky will be in HD .  I am pretty confident they will be. 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 29

@Deano123wrote:

I am really interested in seeing if the great channels on sky will be in HD .  I am pretty confident they will be. 

They should be, channels on Stream and Glass are only available in HD.

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 29

The majority are HD but there are still quite a few channels in sd .  Legend horror extra some of the 4 channels ect ect 

Message 19 of 29

Really? Blimey! I must have missed that change.

When launched they made a big song and dance about all channels being in HD only, used to be a common discussion theme in the Sky forums. 

————————————————————-
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 29

Ive had it since day 1 and not everything has been hd . The majority are as i say. Its still very good for hd though
0 Ratings