cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Leaving BT TV keeping box.

Go to solution

I’ve had BT TV since 2016 and have decided to cancel now that the price for my package with BT Sport is now £52.95 a month.

The sales assistant I spoke to on Saturday says I have to return the box, and old DTR T4000.

However, as I understand it , I now own this box since the rules on returning BT TV equipment didn’t change until late 2019 I think ( or was it 2020 ? ). I’ve had an additional e mail on this today. 

Perhaps someone could clarify this. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Leaving BT TV keeping box.

Go to solution

@Hendy2 I am sure it's yours to keep as you had the box before new T&C came into effect. I am sure a moderator can confirm this.  Somewhere on MY BT where you look at your bills etc there is a return equipment page with a list of anything to return. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Hendy2 @The box is yours to keep as you got the box before December 2019. 
BT always tell you that you have to sent there equipment back but you don't if the stuff is before December 2019.

I cancelled BT TV over a year ago and never sent myYouview box back and still use the box as a normal PVR recorder.

I also went with Now direct with discounts.

I have since as of just under 2 months ago left BT altogether.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi, @Hendy2 if the BT TV box was supplied to you before the 13th of December 2019 you can keep it without being charged. However, we do offer you a free method to return it to us for recycling as part of our environmental commitments.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings