cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Missing Entertainment subscription from NOW TV package via BT TV VIP package.

Go to solution

Hi,

I subscribed to BT TV last week. I took out the VIP package which includes all of NOW TV bundled together in one package, eg Sports, Cinema, Entertainment. However I can  only view Sports and Cinema, if I try to watch something which is classed as Entertainment it won't let me watch, comes up asking me to subscribe to Entertainment at a cost of £9.99. Have raised with BT but after four days they are still to come back to me with a solution. 

So I'm just wondering if anybody has experienced similar to me and if so what the resolution was?

Thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Missing Entertainment subscription from NOW TV package via BT TV VIP package.

Go to solution

Hi  @gryffe  Certainly with the VIP package you should get the  linear Now Entertainment channel  in both SD and HD enabled to play from the BT TV Box Pro EPG (guide) .

Can I ask if you try the NOW app  ( on the BT TV Box Pro or any other convenient  device) whether you get the same issue with subscription on NOW entertainment content ? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Missing Entertainment subscription from NOW TV package via BT TV VIP package.

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 

Thanks for reply, yes I've tried all version of the app - whether that be the TV, android phone, Mac and iPad. 

Just to add,  when I look at the settings panel on Now TV it only shows me as being subscribed on Cinema and Sport but not Entertainment, which is baffling as I have subscribed to the VIP package that bundles all three together.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Spoiler
@gryffe  Thanks for the further information. Looks like something only BT can resolve (and probably not something that the front line customer service can directly resolve themselves and would need to escalate which hopefully they will already have done). If there is no further progress  tomorrow I will flag to the forum mods.
At least the vast majority of Now Entertainment content is available ondemand so when the issue is resolved you should be able to catchup.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @zulu17 

Thanks for reply. Somebody from support who is handling all my calls(there have been several lol) is going to contact me tomorrow for an update on whether the team that handles NOW TV calls have contacted me, they were supposed to have been  contacting me today but guessing I won't get a call this late in the day. 

A bit background - I thought it would be worthwhile posting my issue with NOW TV on this forum as well as having contacted BT by phone. Reason being I had been phoning over several days in the last week or so about issues related to my account and was getting nowhere. Posted details of my problems on here, and it was sorted within a couple of hours.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Worst case scenario, my colleague who knows EVERYTHING about TV and broadband will be back on Thursday. If you're not sorted by then, let me know.
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Cheers Darren

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

All sorted. Apparently the Tech team just had to reset something in the system and then after I rebooted the box it meant I had the full VIP package including Entertainment.

Apparently the issue that happened with my VIP package can happen, but is very rare.

0 Ratings