cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Missing programmes endings when recorded

Are you still using Aerial feed into the  TV BOX Pro or are you using the box in IP mode ?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Using an aerial

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Aerial

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

You can’t on the last one
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

@gilgra 

Drawing a veil over the latest previous posting in the thread being six months old,  last one what?

Pro boxes should work perfectly well in broadcast mode?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

You mentioned recording the next programme, to get the end but that doesn't work with the last of the series and that's the series screwed.

Can't see how pro-boxes work perfectly, as so many have the same problem of cut off

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

@gilgra 

Oh, I see what you mean, but every episode in a series has this issue, unless you can set another series, of some programme that invariably follows the programme that you want. And if you can achieve that, it will work for the last programme in the series also, as long as the ‘sacrifice’ series doesn’t stop simultaneously.

The horrendously wrong design decision that YouView made here was to rely on Accurate Recording as if it was mandated for Freeview channels, when it isn’t; it’s optional.

Followed by 12 years and counting of porcine-headed refusal to implement padding, to overcome the obvious shortcomings of the AR approach, as YouView were constantly enjoined by all and sundry of its customers to do 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

@gilgra 

Oh, I see what you mean, but every episode in a series has this issue, unless you can set another series, of some programme that invariably follows the programme that you want. And if you can achieve that, it will work for the last programme in the series also, as long as the ‘sacrifice’ series doesn’t stop simultaneously.

The horrendously wrong design decision that YouView made here was to rely on Accurate Recording as if it were mandated for Freeview channels, which it isn’t; it’s optional.

Followed by 12 years and counting of porcine-headed refusal to implement padding, to overcome the obvious shortcomings of the AR approach, as YouView were constantly enjoined by all and sundry of its customers to do 😢

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Easiest solution is to forget Gold, Alibi etc anything decent ends up on the main channels, so don't give Gold etc the trade.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

The issue is wide spread, The EE TV Developers need to put the setting that was in the original BT Box, to add time to end of scheduled recordings, as we are losing the last 5 seconds in some cases, for example, we had a series link, the recording started, right at the end of the credits for the last program, then 3 minutes of adverts, then our recording starts, watch recording check length of recording for a scheduled 1 hour program 59 minutes and 57 seconds, we lost the all important punch line, until it is uploaded on to ITVx or My5 or Channel4.

If someone suggests again record the next program after, I will not as this on series link would change and I would spend half my life, checking when and what is recording, to delete rubbish that I did not need.