cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 23

Re: Missing programmes endings when recorded

The aerial comes in to it but main contact is through from the router. However the point is, that’s the way the BT engineer set it up & it doesn’t work

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 23

@gilgra 

The router and anything from the internet doesn’t come into this. T1000 boxes, which are no longer served by YouView except for a few corner situations, still work as far as recording broadcast programmes go.

There is nothing a BT engineer could do to overcome the fundamentally bad design decisions in the way the YouView boxes operate with the timing of recordings.

YouView could improve matters with a well-understood upgrade to add padding, but it seems that EE are powerless to bring this about 😢

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 23

I have my Pro Box in Aerial Mode.  Signal Strength is always 90+% and Signal Quality is typically 100%.     Last week I thought I’d record the documentary on Channel 5 about Stormy Daniels.

I sat down to watch it on Friday only to be presented with the ‘Partial Recording’ alert, I don’t know what the problem was.

Having had the Pro Box for a couple of years now I wasn’t one bit surprised by this. I’ve got EETV on a good deal so I suck up it’s problems, one of which is (in my experience) it isn’t a totally reliable DVR.

…………………………………………………………………………………………….………………………………………………..….…….…. My Services - Full Fibre 100, Smart Hub 2, EE Smart WiFi, Digital Voice, Alexa Phone, BT TV Box Pro
0 Ratings