cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Missing programmes endings when recorded

Very frustrating to record and miss the last few mins!

Just moved from Sky and regretting the move! As this never there.

Is there a work round??

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: Missing programmes endings when recorded

@Jadaslaney 

The only workaround I know is to record the next programme as well. Since the switch is instant, the last of your target programme should be on the start of that recording.

Problems with this workaround are that it is likely infeasible for series-linked programmes, and it can interfere with you making multiple overlapping recordings.

It is mainly a problem with the higher-numbered channels, who tend to go by time rather than monitoring when programmes really end, like the Big Four do. But even they can get caught out by sports running over, so setting to record the next programme after a big match is often a wise precaution.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Thank u! We are doing series link on the old star treks on legend, so may not work but will try
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 23

Hi  @Jadaslaney 

Does your BT TV pack include Netflix as currently all 3 seasons of the 1960's StarTrek are available there. So there may be an alternative viewing option for that series.

Without true Accurate Recording being implemented by Legend  on its broadcast stream and with Youview (BT Tv) providing no padding capability records willl default to the EPG times  so typically 1 hour. Older series often have longer episodes than more recent series as the amount of advertising time allowed to Broadcasters  has been relaxed over the years. So a 50/51 minute Star Trek episode  might struggle to fit in a 60 minutes slot with all the adverts that occur these days.

Message 5 of 23

Thank you, that is helpful
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

I’ve had the same problem for more than 6 months. BT sending me a new box this week in the hope it will stop cutting the end off everything. I have my doubts based on so many similar complaints here. Recorded “payback” and “long shadow” on ITV , every episode stops recording before it ends
Message 7 of 23

It's really frustrating!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

YouView boxes are fundamentally rubbish, in my experience. Enough faults as to be virtually unusable.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

BT sent a new Pro Box . It’s the same model name RTIW 387 but is a different style/shape, is branded EE and so far so good.  Hadn’t missed the end of anything. 

Of course I have to return the old box so I lose a few recordings I’d rather have kept , shame there’s no way of transferring recordings. 

But it seems as if with the latest model the problem is fixed. 

0 Ratings