cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Moving House in the same house

Asking for some advice and help please with EETV from the wise heads here. 

Background

We have two addresses listed with Openreach at our home of 37 years. The old one and the new one. The old one L,SC is defunct at the Openreach fibre availability checker as there is no UPRN at this address. Through the superb actions of Openreach we now have the possibility of fibre at the new one, SCL, which has the correct UPRN and a NAD key both of which I have(?). Fixed within 2 days by amending the PON I think. Fibre is not available at L,SC and will never be a/c to a follow up from OR who suggest a Home Move. 

So I get onto BT to discuss options for FTTP.  It's the same physical house but BT have no record of SCL. They do not have a property registered as SCL only one called L,SC. 

BT Services at L,SC are the full works ie Halo3+, Landline, FTTC BB, Complete WiFi, Battery backup (vulnerability  needs). Cut us and we bleed purple and sometimes lime as we also have EETV .

I want to stay with BT as it all works well except for FTTP . There are reliability issues with FTTC

Action (and the reason for posting here)

Home Moves Warrington (excellent again) try a Home move (L,SC to SCL) and an error shows "You have multicast TV (ie EETV) which cannot be moved" .  They say that the error might clear after a few weeks as the FTTP BB provisioning is new. They can close the  EETV contract and start a new one. (The old contract expires on Sept 22nd 2024 anyway) Renewal will double the price to £15 (vs £20 RRP)  .

Questions

So @DarrenDev @SeanD  is the error caused by EETV likely to clear as suggested w/o further intervention and the Home Move can proceed with a no cancel EETV contract?

If I close the contract, move virtual house and recontract are recordings lost? Are there any other gotchas?

Are there any magic buttons to press to make all this happen seamlessly behind the scenes?

Thanks for reading this. Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Moving House in the same house

Not able to offer any help but does remind me of a house I lived in that had four postcodes allocated to it. Yes four!

Took a bit of to and fro with the Post Office to get that sorted out.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

that was a mare then!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

this is a continuation of your other posts here  https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/My-neighbour-has-FTTP-but-i-can-t-get-it/td-p/2385094/pag...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

It is,, but here it is specific for EETV so i thought it best to repost in the correct forum.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

@dephead2004 

Not that you want to move anywhere else, but that message seems either to imply that you couldn’t move anywhere else at all - which would be a bit restrictive, trapped in your current home by legacy broadband! - or that OR think that you can’t have multicast at SCL, which would be a bit odd - are there places that can have FTTP but not Multicast?

As either scenario seems a bit absurd, it looks like a bit of common sense from OR is needed here; though I do know that that is a commodity in short supply 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Actually OR have been very helpful. It's BT who have their addresses wrong and can only correct them by moving you house! I suppose that's because all their equipment is tied to the property. It's just that the L,SC property is the wrong place though in the same place and has no UPRN.

Any advice about EETV recontracting?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

@dephead2004 

Alas, see my sig 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

His sig at the bottom of his post:

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never an EE TV subscriber ***

0 Ratings