cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

My 5 App

Go to solution

The My 5 app is just hanging and refusing to open on my Youview box. I have tried turning it off and on again. Other catch up apps are fine.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: My 5 App

Go to solution

Hi @silverbantam I'd recommend trying an update on the apps by following these steps.

1. Settings > Software Information > Update software.
  2. Settings > Software Information > Update players and apps.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Software already updated and get a message “We can’t update your apps” when I try to update the apps.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

I've had the same issue when checking for app updates. Been like that since the BT update to EE 

Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

@silverbantam Try rebooting your Smart Hub and then the TV box. If that doesn't work a factory reset of the TV box is the only other thing you can try.

1. Press the Home button on the remote and select the Settings cog from the top of the screen
  2. Select Settings
  3. Select Factory reset and choose Keep recordings

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Restarting hub and box did nothing and when I select Factory Reset it doesn’t seem to give me an option to keep recordings!!!!??? 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

@silverbantam  the instructions on how to reset the box (keeping recordings) are described in

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

Follow the instructions on reseting via the buttons on the box which should give you the option to keep recordings

Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I’ve reset the box but it’s stuck on the let’s get started screen and it’s not responding to the remote control.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I’ve tried resetting my box again and I get the maintenance mode menu but it’s not responding to the remote control.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Turned it off and on again and now stuck on the let’s get started screen again and it’s not responding to the remote control.

0 Ratings