cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Netflix on EE box

Hi, every time I go to enter the Netflix app on the Bt/ee youview box I get a message saying it cannot access the server.  Which seems strange as the can on the second ee/bt box in the dining room.  I have done a full system reset, switched it off/on. Ran updates etc but no resolution.  Any other suggestions? Thanks.  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Netflix on EE box

@Harlot Have you restarted your hub/router?

Beyond that (which Netflix recommend), you will likely need to contact BT for a replacement box, although may make you go through further resets and checks first.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, I have tried that as well but no joy.  I now have issues with iplayer as well.  All the apps are not working.  I’m now also getting a yvm104 error. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If a factory reset doesn’t do the job then it will be a call to BT I suspect.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Harlot I'm sorry to see you're getting yvm104 error.

Please can you try these checks?

1. First unplug the ethernet cable from the back of your TV box, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Now retry the service to see if you still get the error
  2. If you still get the error, restart your TV box by flicking the switch on the back. Now retry to see if this has fixed the problem
  3. You may need to accept the 'Terms of Use' before you can access Catch-up and On Demand services on EE TV. Press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Information & Reset > Terms of use > Accept
  4. Check the connection between your Hub and TV box. If you use Powerline adapters restart both adapters and check they are in sync.
  5. Check your box is connected to your network. Press the Home (or YouView) button, then go to Settings > Signal & Connection > Broadband Connection. It should show “Connected” next to 'Status'
  6. If the 'Wired Connection' is set to 'AUTO' and the 'Network Connection Status' is showing 'DISCONNECTED', attempt to re-connect by selecting Wired Connection from the menu, selecting NEXT and press the OK button. If the device connects, retry the service

If you still see the error message then try restarting your equipment:

1. First, restart your Hub
  2. Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
  3. Restart your TV box, using the power switch on the back
  4. Now check if you still receive the error
  5. If you still can't use your EE TV service then contact the TV Helpdesk >

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings