cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

New BT TV Pro box dead this morning.

Go to solution

Power light is flashing purple when pressed.  Other symptom - no Ethernet traffic (usually this is always active.)

I have waited 3 hours.  Which was a bit pointless.  Then did :-

1. Switch power off by removing the power cable
  2. Press and hold the reset button on the right-hand side of the box
  3. Plug the power cable back in whilst still holding the reset button – continue to hold the reset button down, do not release it yet
  4. Within three seconds press and hold the power button on the front of the box and hold both buttons
  5. Release both buttons a few seconds after the BT logo appears on the TV screen

No BT logo.  Power light flashing purple when pressed.  Worked for 1 day now dead.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: New BT TV Pro box dead this morning.

Go to solution
EDIT engineer visit arranged, with warning of £85 callout fee if its an in-house fault. The power light is flashing purple all the time. The manual doesn't have an explanation for this. What does it mean? (also no ethernet activity which implies to me that the box is not powering up properly.) Also, cannot get to the maintenance menu.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Have you tried holding the power button down for a few seconds as you would to hard switch off a PC/laptop?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
Yes. It blinks 5/6 times, stutters, then continues to blink. And I've tried the hard reset. The lack of ethernet lights makes me think some part of the circuitry is not powering up (lan card?)... just a wild guess.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Does sound a bit terminal. I'd try removing all connections & switching off at the socket for a few minutes before trying again. At least that definitely rules out anything external & the threat of the £85 charge.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks.  I assume the box will do something if the only connector is the power lead?  When I say something I mean the power light will stop blinking and something will appear on HDMI (when I connect an HDMI lead).

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Engineer visited today. Agreed box was dead (possibly failed disk?) with continuous flashing purple power light. New box (same model - Tunisia/Type B) worked first time. Had to do a couple of restarts to get the subscribed channels. Engineer plugged his laptop into the BT Hub - wouldn't say why. Fixed in 3 days so cannot complain. (I don't think the original unit had cellophane on top/sides.)
0 Ratings