Message 11 of 38

Re: New BT TV Pro update

Go to solution
Ok thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 38

Go to solution

I am in a testing group too and don't see the update coming through. 

I thought being a tester meant you would get it before everyone else lol

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 38

Go to solution

@David_H   Hi, still no updates on my BT Box.  Also I still get error YVM102 even after soft reset as advised by @JohnC2.. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 38

Go to solution

Same here @David_H and I am also a tester.

It's rather frustrating when I try to volunteer my time to help as a tester and we are actually the last to get these updates. 

Message 15 of 38

Go to solution

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Tags (1)
Message 16 of 38

Go to solution
There's currently no public early adopter programme that I know of. YouView test groups are used for individual trials that ideally should be cleaned up after the trial ends - remaining in the group only leads to situations like this, where they need to be manually mopped up at the end of a rollout.

Coincidentally, I'm giving the BT TV box delivery manager a lift to the airport later today. I'll ask whether a public "bleeding edge" trial group has been considered before - surely it would be beneficial to have you guys on it, as you're already vocal with your feedback. It could also then become a good standard practice going forward, for trials to move to it after they end.
Message 17 of 38

Go to solution

That would be really helpful @DarrenDev, thank you.

Speaking personally I would be really interested in this as I always like to keep my knowledge up to date and technology is a hobby as well as being my families  'IT guy'. 

I know your really busy and I appreciate your feedback. Would be good to get this latest gremlin sorted out whenever is possible.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 38

Go to solution

Just a comment and query re. this update (0.9.4 / 4.1.104).

I received the update a couple of days ago. A few days before that I switched on the box to find that my subscription channels (TNT sports/Sky Sports/Eurosport) had disappeared. Also the BT guide had changed in that it was now showing a Youview logo and the colour and style were different.

I re-booted the box and hub but it made no difference. Spoke to BT and a helpful chap tried a factory re-set but to no avail. Engineer visit booked for a couple of days later. When he arrived and switched on tv, the sports  channels were back and the standard BT tv guide was showing. Roll on to a couple of days ago and the box has been updated.

However following this update I am no longer able to control the BT box with my TV remote (volume control/switch box on/off) etc. Is this a known issue and is there a way to resolve it?

Thanks

Message 19 of 38

Go to solution

@Shyboyhave you tried resetting the remote?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 38

Go to solution

Yes, I've tried that.

0 Ratings