cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 201 of 378

Re: New features

@biohazardx9

Yes it's the latter unfortunately. Record 2 and then be restricted to watching none, or one of what you're recording. Felt just a bit restricted to me.

0 Ratings
Message 202 of 378

@ozsatwrote:

That seems to be the same HD regions that are provided via Freeview. They were the same on Sky and Virgin but both of those now provide your local region in HD.

I'll check when the local news comes up.

As well as channels 1 and 2 - got two more BBC1 HD regions on 800 and 801 and an ITV HD on 802.

@ozsat That's interesting. Which regions do you get in the 800's?

0 Ratings
Message 203 of 378

For anyone wondering "can you easily switch back to using the Freeview channels", yes you can. I just did. Yes, it means sitting through the start up video again and yes, you can keep your old recordings. Only issue I faced was the remote unpaired itself, which for a second made me think the box had frozen and wasn't responding. Once re-paired, set up was as normal. It's such a shame both can't sit along side each other. 

0 Ratings
Message 204 of 378

Re regions in 800s.  

Since the change to IP I only get one additional region, BBC South/ITV Meridian at 800 and 801 respectively along with BBC West/ITV West Country at 001/003.

Although through my various TVs using Freeview over the air I still get...BBC West/South/South West and Wales and their ITV equivalents.  This is due my location on the border in north Dorset between the Meridian/West Country regions not sure why the BT TV box doesn't show them any more.  

Although getting Wales was always a bit hit and miss on the BT box even before the IP update which isn't that suprising as I think it is coming from the Wenvoe transmitter but it would almost always be picked up by my TV's own tuners (all use the same aerial by the way).  

Also the BBC local radio selection is more limited (not that I'm a fan of the BBC Sounds implementation anyway).  over the air I get Berkshire, Bristol, Cornwall, Cymru (+2), Devon, Gloucestershire, Solent (and it's Dorset opt-out), Somerset, Sussex, Wales and Wiltshire.  Via BT TV I now only get 6 of them and most suprisingly considering my location there is no Solent Dorset.

This is perhaps the biggest lost content-wise (even before considering the loss of commerical stations) as local Premier League/EFL commentaries are not available online but are OTA.

0 Ratings
Message 205 of 378

In regards to the BT box I got more BBC selection - I'm in 'Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire' region.

I get two additional regions listed at 800 and 801 - with an additional ITV at 802. There are four additional BBC local radios too.

@tweetSP0RTwrote:

Re regions in 800s.  

Since the change to IP I only get one additional region, BBC South/ITV Meridian at 800 and 801 respectively along with BBC West/ITV West Country at 001/003.

Although through my various TVs using Freeview over the air I still get...BBC West/South/South West and Wales and their ITV equivalents.  This is due my location on the border in north Dorset between the Meridian/West Country regions not sure why the BT TV box doesn't show them any more.  

Although getting Wales was always a bit hit and miss on the BT box even before the IP update which isn't that suprising as I think it is coming from the Wenvoe transmitter but it would almost always be picked up by my TV's own tuners (all use the same aerial by the way).  

Also the BBC local radio selection is more limited (not that I'm a fan of the BBC Sounds implementation anyway).  over the air I get Berkshire, Bristol, Cornwall, Cymru (+2), Devon, Gloucestershire, Solent (and it's Dorset opt-out), Somerset, Sussex, Wales and Wiltshire.  Via BT TV I now only get 6 of them and most suprisingly considering my location there is no Solent Dorset.

This is perhaps the biggest lost content-wise (even before considering the loss of commerical stations) as local Premier League/EFL commentaries are not available online but are OTA.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 206 of 378

My remote did that too during a changeover.

@SRBwrote:

For anyone wondering "can you easily switch back to using the Freeview channels", yes you can. I just did. Yes, it means sitting through the start up video again and yes, you can keep your old recordings. Only issue I faced was the remote unpaired itself, which for a second made me think the box had frozen and wasn't responding. Once re-paired, set up was as normal. It's such a shame both can't sit along side each other. 

0 Ratings
Message 207 of 378

Same here mine unpaired itself.

Working well for me though. 

0 Ratings
Message 208 of 378

Interesting @ozsat thanks it doesn’t seem to be a limitation of the IP setup then. I suppose I could try a fresh setup at some point and see if more come through.

0 Ratings
Message 209 of 378

As for 800s I get only one which is another itv meridian. (North Hampshire and Berkshire feed) which is daft as I think they're identical in content except for maybe one local show and adverts targeting Berkshire region. 

0 Ratings
Message 210 of 378

I've not tried it but presumably you can actually pick from 2-3 different regions - I was offered three different ones but selected the correct one.

0 Ratings