cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 378

Re: New features

I love that the HD channels when distributed via IP will be moving back to channel 1 etc. It finally means the list of common channels within the menu will be useful rather than them being the SD versions

Message 32 of 378

Great update, @DarrenDev . From the list of channels people have scanned over the network, I presume the remaining Freeview channels will come over the aerial still?

Will the BT TV app now include these IP TV Freeview channels?

Great to hear that the HD channels will take their proper slot at the top of the Guide and replacing the SD channel slots.

Message 33 of 378

You'll need to choose IP OR aerial when you set up the box - you can't have both at the same time. The channels not available via IP won't be available on the box.
Unfortunately the channels still won't be available in the app.
Message 34 of 378

Thanks for the prompt update, @DarrenDev . Not the best answer on both fronts. Will have to use a combination of the built in Freeview on the TV and the IPTV only setting on the BT TV Pro box.

Shame about the app. With only AMC and BT Sport, it's a little lite. Would've been a great multi-room solution.

Message 35 of 378

There’s also Eurosport on the app which is good for the sport they cover.

Is the update and channels over internet now available and if so does the box have to be reset and then choose aerial or internet.

I live in a relay area and the freeview channels are very lite so this is a good addition for me.

Message 36 of 378

Not available yet but expected next week by the sounds of it.

Message 37 of 378

@SoupDragon57Yeah it's a bit of shame although there are devices like the HDHomerun which I use (hooked up to the aerial out on the BT box) to give me Freeview everywhere over WiFi and via my Plex server.  Still not a perfect solution (with only the handful of over-the-air HD channels) but it is an option.

Message 38 of 378

I'm just still wondering if there will ever be a properly implemented channel hiding feature. You can hide them from the main guide but when you flick through the channels, either directly changing them or just to check what's on without opening the guide which I do a decent amount, all those channels are still there which is beyond stupid.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 378

Hiding channels works on the now/next with the vertical change that's rolling out, about the one decent thing to come out of that update.

Message 40 of 378

Oh, cool. Had given up on the idea really it's been years, thanks for the info.

0 Ratings