cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

New to bt

Hi Everyone, im new to bt after having switched over from sky where I had multiroom.

When I joined bt I opted for the multi room option again. When setting it up I was disappointed to learn that national geographic is no longer being shown by bt or any of its other streaming services as this was a channel we watched frequently. If anyone knows of any download apps so I can get this would be great. 

Also, my wife likes to sit in the dining room and watch her shopping channels like qvc and gems TV. I can get these channels on my main box but it is not coming up on the multiroom box. The multi room box is an EE branded device and was the only option I got given when signing up for multiroom. 

I am thinking about cancelling bt and going back to sky if we can't get these channels and Nat geo.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: New to bt

@prej1117 

Have you got/can you have an aerial in the Multiroom box? It sounds like this might be working over IP, where those channels don’t come up.

National Geographic seems to be only on Sky and Virgin. Auntie Beeb seems to think BT and Now have it:-

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/documentaries/how-to-watch-national-geographic-uk/

but, as with Peacock, they seem to be somewhat out of date (even though the article is dated 1/11/23), and/or wildly wrong 😢

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: New to bt

Hi @prej1117 

BT/EE multiroom boxes are entirely wireless and can only access IP streamed channels in the TV Guide, so you are limited to whatever is in the list plus any subscription channels you have.

Your main box is likely plugged into an aerial, which is why you can access QVC etc.

Do you have a usable aerial point where the multiroom box is located?

You can pick up a secondhand YouView box that has an aerial input and swap it for the wireless one that has been supplied if you wish.

Search the forum for “Extra box” for instructions.

Nat Geo content is now in Disney+ for non Sky subscribers, an app which BT boxes do not currently support.

Don’t worry about being sent EE kit, BT is moving all consumer customers to the EE brand over time, again a forum search will reveal more.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED