cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: IPC6023

Go to solution

Hello @RobbieMac . I've been getting the IPC6023 error as well. It started about a month ago. I reported it and was sent a new BT TV Pro box, but the error still appears regardless of the channel I'm watching. The TV box and router are in the same room and connected by WiFi. 

The symptoms are always the same; the picture freezes and then the error message appears with the Help and Back buttons. My workaround is to select Back then go to another channel wait for that to play for a few seconds, then go back to the original channel.

I've tried all the variants of rebooting/restarting the router (Hub 2) and the TV box but the issue persists.

Can you please advise how you helped JudyW. Hopefully it will work for me.

Many thanks,

Vas

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Vasp Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I've started your own thread as it sounds like yours is wifi connection issue, rather than a network or subscription problem. 

Have you tried connecting the BT TV pro box to your Hub via ethernet to see if this prevents the IPC6023 error? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Thanks for the welcome. I've just done a factory reset of the TV box and connected to the hub via ethernet. Unfortunately, the IPC6023 error has still happened on BBC1HD.

Interestingly, in the middle of me writing this message the connection re-established itself after five minutes-ish with no action on my part, and the channel came back. Unfortunately, after another few minutes the IPC6023 is back.

So no different to the WiFi connection, really.

Anything else I should try?

Regards,

Vas

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@Vasp Thanks for trying that, can you try a speed test in the MyBT app?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO 

Speed is 521Mb / 73Mb.

Regards,

Vas

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Vasp speed shouldn't be an issue. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help. We're quite busy at the moment so it will take us longer than usual to reply.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I had same issue this morning turned on TV / box same as always.  No picture or sound, apps working. Switched off router back on still same even got message saying my router was off.  But original message was there was a problem with router.   Had to switch off TV / Pro box several times to get it to work.  Box is wired connection... Perhaps it didn't like the clock change . 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @Vasp

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me again this morning.

I am really pleased I could help you get this problem resolved.  As confirmed, it was an issue in your area so it wasn't just you affected.  A change was made in the early hours of Saturday morning to resolve the error and I am glad all is performing as it should now 😊

I'll go ahead and close this off from here now as agreed.  If you need help or have a question in future, feel free to post back as you're more than welcome!

Take care.

Robbie

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@RobbieMac Still getting the IPC 6023 on my pro box connected via ethernet, even though I have  just updated to latest software.. .. 

0 Ratings