cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: New youview box supplied. BUT.

@Cliff 

If it rains, and water gets into the broadband infrastructure, cabinets, cables underground or overground, disrupting your broadband signal, that’s a broadband fault.

Qualitatively different from rain affecting terrestrial TV reception.

Also, either problem would likely affect other channels, not just one.

The point being made here is that it is difficult to think of a possible single cause for the disruption of both terrestrial aerial reception and broadband reception, as they are such different things. Unless your house has a serious water leak of course, e.g. a leaky roof; and I think you would have noticed that.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

One thing that might affect both is if the aerial cable is poorly routed and allowing water from outside to wick along the cable and into the box. But then that would usually result in a Poof! and a totally dead box.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

This is getting worse.Yesterday i noticed a change in the EPG,the letters EE appeared in the top  left hand corner & the whole thing was so slow it was painful,if i selected an program it eventually moved to  it & the item was now coloured.I  gave up on it & went to my TV tuner which worked fine.This morning i switched on i eventually got an incomplete EPG  tried to select a channel & couldn't,couldn't get to settings,i was going to reset the box,then the EPG what there was of it disappeared completely.I tried switching the box off ,it went through thr loading process & then nothing,just  a blank screen.

Yesterday i managed to get to the prime app,it started,then disappeared & reverted to the the chat at the end of the ITV football.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

This is getting worse.Yesterday i noticed a change in the EPG,the letters EE appeared in the top left hand corner & the whole thing was so slow it was painful,if i selected an program it eventually moved to it & the item was now coloured.I gave up on it & went to my TV tuner which worked fine.This morning i switched on i eventually got an incomplete EPG tried to select a channel & couldn't,couldn't get to settings,i was going to reset the box,then the EPG what there was of it disappeared completely.I tried switching the box off ,it went through thr loading process & then nothing,just a blank screen.

Yesterday i managed to get to the prime app,it started,then disappeared & reverted to the the chat at the end of the ITV football.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Sounds like you've been sent another duff box. There have also been a few reports of the software update to EE branding killing a few older boxes. I think you need to get on the phone again for another replacement.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

I switcded on again,managed to somehow get to settings & reset the box,it's going through the guide set up at the moment,will get back when it's finished & i've checked if it works.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

UPDATE.

Reset the box twice  yesterday checked software,on latest .The epg loaded ok this morning,raining heavily here,bbc 1 & 2 unwatchable but seem ok in HD.itv seem ok.

Regarding Darrens  info regarding  TNT sports being from my broadband connection,i left it on ,all seemed ok but then the picture started freezing & restarting.,iplayer seems ok.

Only have a couple of recordings on this box but they play ok,no breaking up.BBC1 & 2 ,also unwatchable through my TV tuner,it has it's own aerial connection,not connected from an aerial out from the youview box.Will see how things go over the weekend.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

An update.

Haven't got around to contacting BT again about the box,other issues to deal with at the moment.I've reset the box ,must be 5 to 6 times now.

I tried watching the football last night & the picture would freeze & come back on again.I tried something using the discovery plus app,It's available through my TV apps,not on the youview box apps..I don't normally watch discovery but i was playing around a few days ago & noticed  a sport thing,i clicked it & the arsenal match was there,i clicked it & was offered ,start from beginning or live,i clicked live & there it was ,no freezing or sound loss.I'm assuming that it was all coming from TNT sports.(Broardband),same commentary team etc.So why would the picture through the youview box freeze but the discovery app  be ok,no issues.

I'll check it out again ,other matches tonight & Thursday,if it works i suppose it's a work around for now.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

Apart from the two sets of hardware being completely different, the delivery methods of the streams is also different. It would be worth trying the iPlayer app on the BT box to see if there are issues there.

Without trawling back through this & your original thread, are you using a BT Hub & connected to it directly?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

Yes smart hub 2 ,connect direct ethernet cable.
0 Ratings