cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 61

Re: No more fast forwarding through the adverts for ITV recordings in IP mode

@c64z86 

What we have here now is the unlovely paradox that if you subscribe to itvX Premium, you can skip the adverts on On Demand programmes; in fact, they are not even shown to you.

And though what you have recorded from itvX was live, watching it back is the logical equivalent of On Demand. Yet, recorded off the IP service, you will be forced to sit through them. And multiple times, if you watch something more than once.

To restore fairness, for people with an itvX premium subscription, it’s not enough just to allow you skip the adverts; the Pro box ought to actively skip them for you, using a variant of the logic that prevents the skipping at present 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 42 of 61

So can the ads on ITV recordings be skipped if you have an ITVx sub?

Message 43 of 61

Interestingly I've just noticed ads are appearing at the beginning of a show with an ITVX sub, although not during it. Still that isn't what we pay for, sub cancelled.

Message 44 of 61

@Hunter2660 

Are they really ads, or is this like Now, where even with Boost, you still get promos for upcoming programmes?

Now promos are unskippable; I remember being raised to incoherent rage by having to sit through a promo for the very programme I was waiting to watch!

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 45 of 61

I think it can be argued that they are ads. They are promoting other programs from their own network, but it's still a form of advertising and an extra annoyance.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 61

They were proper ads, and quite a few as well. Only saving grace was they didn't interupt the prog. Not having it though for the price they charge.

Message 47 of 61

Get Ready: Even More Adverts Are Coming To ITVX

As ITVX gears up to celebrate its first year, a change is looming on the horizon for its viewers – a new wave of adverts.

The streaming service, which has quickly become a household name since its launch, is introducing a new advert format in 2024 – the “pause ad.” This innovative yet potentially divisive feature will display adverts when viewers pause their content.

More info here: https://www.cordbusters.co.uk/more-adverts-coming-itvx/ 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 48 of 61

OK so I swallowed on this, thinking well ITV need to make money somehow so subscribed to ITVX Premium and I *still* can't FF ads on recordings (only on streaming).  I don't want to delete all my recordings to go to ariel mode but, if I do, can anyone let me know if I'll still be able to access NOW TV and other internet services (sorry I'm not techy).  

ALSO - this "REALLY" peed me off ... I ploughed through the ads on a prog but fell asleep an hour in.  So the next day I tried to go back to where I had been and had to watch the ads AGAIN!!!!!!  I didn't bother.  It's put me off as a relatively new user to BT TV.  The other thing is - another gripe, another subject, why do some recordings clip the end off, the most important bit, with no option to extend the recording?  It's driving me nuts.  Half regretting moving from Virgin 😞

Message 49 of 61

@mairetheresa 

Going to aerial mode won’t affect your internet services, including Now. You will get more broadcast channels, and be able to make more simultaneous recordings.

IP mode is really for those who don’t want or can’t have a terrestrial aerial, or who can have one but get, or would get, terrible reception. And may be advantageous to those whose local transmitter is Freeview Lite, which cuts down the number of channels available to them. (Though I don’t really know if IP mode gets you channels that aren’t on Freeview Lite; maybe somebody else here will know, though).

Some recordings clip the end off because the broadcaster of that channel isn’t paying attention to when programmes actually stop and start, and just runs the programme change off a timer.

More fundamentally, it’s because YouView made the lunatic decision to adopt Accurate Recording (which is what this scheme of things is called) when there is no requirement on the providers of broadcast channels to pay attention to when programmes really stop and start, or even to provide any start/stop information at all, even timer based. So I suppose we should be grateful that they do…

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 61

@mairetheresa 

Going to aerial mode won’t affect your internet services, including Now. You will get more broadcast channels, probably, and be able to make more simultaneous recordings.

IP mode is really for those who don’t want or can’t have a terrestrial aerial, or who can have one but get, or would get, terrible reception. And may be advantageous to those whose local transmitter is Freeview Lite, which cuts down the number of channels available to them. (Though I don’t really know if IP mode gets you channels that aren’t on Freeview Lite; maybe somebody else here will know, though).

Some recordings clip the end off because the broadcaster of that channel isn’t paying attention to when programmes actually stop and start, and just runs the programme change off a timer.

More fundamentally, it’s because YouView made the lunatic decision to adopt Accurate Recording (which is what this scheme of things is called) when there is no requirement on the providers of broadcast channels to pay attention to when programmes really stop and start, or even to provide any start/stop information at all, even timer based. So I suppose we should be grateful that they do…

0 Ratings