cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 61

Re: No more fast forwarding through the adverts for ITV recordings in IP mode

Thank you so much for explaining. All I need to do now is steel myself to lose my recordings and watch list when I reset 😬
Annoying as I asked installer to do it via aerial in first place but he couldn't get it to work that way
0 Ratings
Message 52 of 61

Only if you watch via ITVX (where it auto skips) but you still see them on recordings
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 61

How do you change back to aerial mode, please?
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 61

Agreed. Renders the idea of paying BT for the box as pointless...
0 Ratings
Message 55 of 61

Agreed. Being forced to watch an advert (or at least not able to skip it) does not make me want to buy into what they're selling. I will ignore it, or even make a point of definitely NEVER buying that brand.
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 61

Had a new roof installed last spring and, as I intended to go internet  mode, told the roofer to chuck the aerial in the skip. I suppose I could go back and have an aerial installed but that will cost me so I'll just stop recording any itv programmes. I gave up watching live itv years ago because of adverts and am not going back now.

A big thanks to the more ons who made this decision. 

Message 57 of 61

I have an aerial, but it's only Freeview lite in my area. I've solved that by also having a satellite dish which provides all the Freeview channels - renamed as Freesat.
I can record programmes on both systems and this always allows me to skip through adverts.
But I guess I should be grateful that a lot of people have now taken to getting their TV via their broadband link - otherwise my Freeview and Freesat recordings would probably have been altered somehow to prevent my advert skipping!
0 Ratings
Message 58 of 61

Current expectations are that Freesat will stop broadcasting via satellite by 2028 (as will Sky), with Freeview closing by 2030.

Enjoy it while you can, everything will be coming down your broadband pipe eventually.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 59 of 61

" I gave up watching live itv years ago because of adverts and am not going back now."

Same here. Not been forced to watch ads for stuff I neither want nor 'need'...

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 61

If hou are have itvx premium and say you want watch the soaps ITV put the episode up around the time it's about to air sometimes 10 minutes earlier so just the check itvx sometimes it has loads of numbers on the title .

0 Ratings