cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Poor picture quality

Recently had BT TV connected up, the previous owner had all the cables etc installed. 

The picture quality is awful, with double vision and dull dull picture. 

Any suggestions to fix this, I wish I had stayed with Sky now, so angry. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Poor picture quality

@Kazza24wrote:

Recently had BT TV connected up, the previous owner had all the cables etc installed. 

The picture quality is awful, with double vision and dull dull picture. 

Any suggestions to fix this, I wish I had stayed with Sky now, so angry. 

I'm suspecting that the answer could be in the first line of your post, the connections required for a BT TV box are all very simple and there is no need to have "all the cables etc installed".

All you need is a network cable to your hub, an HDMI cable from the TV box to the TV and of course mains leads to both the box and the hub.

You don't even need an aerial cable, you can select internet delivery during setup if you don't have one and the Freeview channels will be delivered over your broadband connection.

Try connecting your TV box to the mains, the TV and your hub in the manner described above, do a factory reset (of the TV box) and start the installation again

Message 3 of 4

When I said cables I really meant the small white open reach box that connects to the broadband. 

Everything is connected correctly but picture is pretty poor. 

Message 4 of 4

Does this apply to both the BT channels (ch 300 upwards) and the Freeview channels alike or just those below channel 300

0 Ratings