cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Pro Box Freezing TNT Sports Ultimate

Go to solution

So having started using my Pro Box again today ahead of the end of my Sky deal I decided to re-add the HD/4K add on but I'm immediately regretting it. 

I tried TNT Ultimate (465) during the Bath v Sale match and I watched the last 15 minutes or so then just as it ended the picture  froze. Tried changing channels but whilst TNT 1 HD worked both Ultimate channels were dead and then it froze completely when I tried changing to a Freeview over IP channel. Rebooted but still no luck so left it.

When watching the UCL build up via D+ on my Apple TV and thought I'd give it ago again and it was fine for about 10-15 minutes then again the picture froze and similar behaviour when changing channels.  Rebooted again and Ultimate was working straight away but after approximately 18 minutes (I started a stopwatch this time) it froze so have given up for now.  Across these attempts I have tried it over ethernet (twice) and wifi (once).

I don't think it is my broadband whilst I can only get fibre to cabinet I get ~73Mbps down and have had Sky Sports UHD streaming fine for 18 months indeed often with a second HD stream on my secondary TV along with iPads/laptops etc. and Ultimate has been fine streaming via Discovery+. 

It isn't in my media cabinet yet so it out in 'open air' so should be getting plenty of airflow. It ran fine last night for 3 or so hours watching ITV4 HD so the issue certainly seems Ultimate related.

So is it my box dying/overheating or are there other issues with these boxes. I remember there were issues with Ultimate a while ago when I was last using it as my 'daily driver'?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Pro Box Freezing TNT Sports Ultimate

Go to solution

This can be ignored BT are sending an engineer to look at the box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Pro Box Freezing TNT Sports Ultimate

Go to solution

@tweetSP0RTwrote:

This can be ignored BT are sending an engineer to look at the box.

I suspect the "engineer" will just give you another box.

The black screen total lock up of my Pro Box while watching Ultimate on the last day of the season was one of the final nails in the EE TV coffin for me.

Took a power cycle to get the channel back.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings