cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Re: Radio Tab Missing From BTTV App

Go to solution

A selection of Radio channels have been moved to the radio player app, can you please advise where I can find the radio player app and how to install it on a not smart TV?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Go to solution

@nirrep 

This thread was about the BTTV (now EETV) app. Is that what you're referring to?

Your post really needs more detail as "a selection" isn't much help without an example. What radio player are you referring to & where have you seen it referenced?

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I have no idea what I am looking for, I used to listen to the radio channels 711 Hits Radio, 712, 713 Kiss & 715 Magic.

For the past couple of weeks it had a message at the bottom of the screen saying "we are moving on 2nd April" and you could continue listening on the radio player app.

This morning the message reads we've moved you can continue listening on TV via the Radioplayer app. I have had a look through the apps and there is no radio app player, only BT Sounds which just provides BBC Stations.

I reset my tv box and retuned the channels and still nothing, I don't have a smart TV and could not find a search button within the app section. I am unsure of which app I am looking for or where to find it.

Sorry posted here as was the only one that said radio in the title.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

It seems those stations have exited the Freeview platform so can no longer be received through your TV aerial.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2024/03/bauer-radio-station-to-leave-freeview-platform-following-satellite-...

The apps present on BT/EE/Youview boxes are fixed & can't be added to.

If you have a Pro Box it may be possible to switch that to IP mode, but you'd need confirmation from someone with IP mode enabled that the channels are present. Otherwise you're going to need a different internet radio device such as a radio with Internet or maybe just DAB.

You could add an HDMI device like a Amazon Firestick to the TV to make it smart, but listening to radio on the TV probably isn't ideal anyway.

Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@rbz5416 @nirrep 

That article says “Any smart TV owners will be able to continue to access all Bauer radio stations by selecting them on the Radioplayer app” so intooke them at their word, and tried to load any such app on my LG C2.

Nope, no such app available.

Looking at where you can get it:-

https://www.radioplayer.co.uk/apps

smart TVs seem to be very under-represented. Tablets, phones and computers are all covered, it seems, though.

I haven’t checked other makes of smart TV, and nor Roku and Firestick, but anybody chasing these stations should do so before buying any device to get them.

Apparently, there’s an Alexa skill, which a Firestick might buy into, but no word on Google devices.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@Midnight_Voice 

There seems to be a third party radio app called myTuner in the Content Store.

rbz5416_0-1712171158480.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

Indeed; but does it carry any Bauer stations? Certainly Kerrang! is not there.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Seems to be a generic internet radio "tuner", so try it & see. There's a web site for the app:

https://mytuner-radio.com/radio/

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

Ah sorry, I should have said I was doing exactly that.

It’s got the worst search algorithm I have ever seen, but Kerrang! and Hits Radio don’t seem to be present.

So I don’t think it fits the bill… 😢

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
VRadio is my go to app for live and recording radio.