cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Recordable Box and Remote issue

We have formerly BT TV, with an extra recordable box in our bedroom.  The TV in the bedroom failed, then replace with the main TV formerly associated with the Pro box downstairs.  Annoyingly, at the same time BT TV re-liveried as EE TV, delivering changes to the look of the service.

From that point the upstairs box communicates very oddly with the remote control, and thereby TV.  When "waking up" from standby at best it takes around 1 minute for the remote to respond to any keystrokes.  A minute doesn't sound long, unless the volume is all wrong.  Having the TV shouting at you for minute or more, is annoying.

Since then we have been back and forth to support.   We have tried a reset or both box and TV, several times.  Initially it seems the issue is resolved, but as soon as the box hibernates the issue recurs.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?  If so, what was the solution, please?

We have a call from support back scheduled for tomorrow, but I am not confident he will have anything new to try.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Recordable Box and Remote issue

Hi, @MiracleMaud welcome to the community and thanks for posting, what standby mode is your TV box set to? You can check this by going to settings, box management then power and standby.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Thanks for dropping by, @NeilO  - That has been changed, on the instruction of the service desk to Always Ready - 3 hours.

It is just so frustrating.  Last night, it worked perfectly - just as it should.  This morning?  No chance.  Wait for several minutes, watching some beauty products on whatever passes for Ch 21 in the mornings.  (Allegedly if I used her gizmo my skin would be improved - only £599.)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

@MiracleMaud No worries at least it's been tried already. I know this may seem obvious but have the batteries on the remote been changed?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

I haven’t changed them but it’s a brand new remote. Same “performance “ with a different, but same remote. 

Expecting a call back this afternoon. Hopefully Santa brought the chap some inspiration. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

@MiracleMaud post back and let us know the outcome of the call. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

An engineer has been booked for Tuesday.  We'll see where that goes.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

@NeilO  - As per my earlier message, the engineer visited this morning.  We had deliberately not turned things on this morning, for maximum chance of being able to replicate the issue

Having observed what does(n't) happen on start up, he checked a few things, performed a factory reset, paired the remotes and declared the issue fixed.  As this is par for the course, I asked how confident he was the issue truly was resolved.  "Very" was his response.

Sadly, he was wrong.  Switching on this afternoon to test it, returned the same results as before.

I felt too deflated to call the service desk again this evening, but I daresay I will in the morning.

Brassed off of Back of Beyond.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Today's riveting update is yet another box is being sent out to arrive Friday.  Apparently, the box I was sent was refurbished.

Whilst I am reassured all diagnostics return that the box is faulty, I remain skeptical.  One box failure is unfortunate, but for the replacement box to have the identical defect is incredible, or incredible, depending how you use the word.

I doubt this saga is nearing the end.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Yes. I have just been issued with a new EE TV hub and controller and cannot get the remote to control the TV volume or the ON/OFF function. The TV is a new Panasonic OLED smart TV and did. work with the old BT box setup. After much fiddling and resetting of the EE box and TV I did manage to get the set up to work using an “old BT box controller” that I still had, but then without reason it has stopped working again?

Very frustrating and welcome any solutions to the problem before I send the box back to BT(EE?).

0 Ratings