cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: Recording Failed (Scheduling Error)

I am not sure this is peculiar to using the app. I have been having Scheduling Errors all week when trying to set Champions/Challenge Cup rugby match recordings. Set them one day and they are fine. Look the next day and they are marked as errors so delete and reset. Rinse and repeat the next day and so on.

I think the issue is that if there is a subsequent change to the timing of the coverage that the scheduler (automatic or manual?) deletes the original EPG entry and creates a new one with a new CRID rather than just amending the existing programme entry keeping the same CRID.  And of course the system cannot cope at all if they make a late change to which channel the coverage will be on.

This have been a long running issue over many years with Youview / BT TV / EE TV and means you need to check and keeping checking every single day that timers are still OK.

Fortunately, for BT/TNT Sport coverage we now have the failback of being able to watch on chase play / catch up on the Discovery+ app but Sky Sport coverage is less well served by the Now TV app in this respect.

Message 22 of 37

@gomezz 

I don’t know quite what ‘the system’ is in your posting, but I do know that with broadcasting at least, the BBC can move an episode of Homes Under the Hammer from its usual BBC 1 slot to a slot on BBC 2, and provided that it retains the same series CRID, a YouView box will detect the move, and successfully record it.

So channel changes don’t faze YouView boxes.

OTOH, sometimes HUTH at its usual time on its usual channel will have a different Series CRID from the one the YouView box is tracking, so the box will ignore it, bewildering Mrs Smith on the 23rd floor of a tower block in Newham, or whoever it was Alan Sugar championed for YouView’s ease of use 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 23 of 37

The system is the entirety of the end to process from the broadcaster to the user's PVR. My experience is that broadcasters are *not* using the same CRID, even the BBC as evidenced by the recent mid-week Match of the Day not being picked up by the existing series CRID and neither was the MotD2 episode that switched channel.

But in any case the examples of the rugby I gave were for individual programmes not selected as part of a series.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

• Lack of agreed good practice standards  mean that Broadcasters can and do determine  how to use series cRids in a variety  of different  ways.  What we as viewers consider  a series in reality  matters little as it is what the broadcaster sets up in their data that will determine  whether it is a series. 
Message 25 of 37

With @naylor2006  first issue the absence of Youview  logs after the Youview initiated  action at 6:30 in the morning  until  user switch on in the evening  cast suspicion  that in the intervening time the  box schedule as loaded may not had been in a state for the recording to occur.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

Correct.

The scheduled recording would have already been in a failed state and therefore not triggered. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

My recording of Super Sunday were all fine yesterday but the Bournemouth United game  stop recording about 5 minutes before full time, just cut out and said that the recording had ended.

There's definitely something funky going on  with recording Sky Sports, either a problem with NOW/BT whatever....the BT TV Box pro has been flawless since I got it in Jan/Feb, not one recording failed and also where games have gone on longer, for example extra time, the recording has continued until the end. In the time ive had the box ive not recorded a a game on Sky though where there has been extra time so thats not been tested, but on BBC, TNT, ITV its worked.

Just lately ive found myself recording a few more Sky Sports games and indeed yes two have failed all together before the event even started with a scheduling error and the 530 kick off on saturday just stop recording 5 minutes before full time. Its not like the program overrun due to considerably added time because the schedule would include all of the post match stuff in its timing anyway.

Luckily i'd watched most of the game and it was utter dross anyway so wasnt the end of the world on this occasion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

I haven’t got round to checking my recordings of the Man Utd match or Game of the Day from Saturday night yet. We were out  at the theatre, but the recordings appear to be complete according to the timings. I recorded the Man Utd game on SSME and the Game of the Day is only on SSPL anyway.

I usually find that the Saturday Night Football match overruns, meaning that my recording of Game of the Day starts late and usually misses the end. I’m recording the MNF tonight. This always seems to overrun and means that I miss the end of the programme, but not the match itself.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Im also recording MNF tonight, only so I can fast forward the ads between 1830-2000, I put my daughter to bed around 1900 so by the time I get downstairs I can watch the start and fast forward all the ads in time for kick off live 🙂 Be interesting to see in depth analysis of the Arsenal game, I reckon there will be some time on that. Dele Ali on tonight as well which seems a weird billing...

Ill be interested to find out when your Bournemouth United game recording finished, IE just before full time like mine when you get a chance?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

I’ll let you know about the Man Utd game. The recording appears to be complete, but the programme on SSME was due to end at 19:30. I like to record the MNF because some of the analysis is really interesting, and I can FFWD through the ads, but I really don’t like Carragher. He won’t like having to analyse the Palace game in any depth!

0 Ratings