cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Recurring bugs since the change to EE TV

My YouView box generally seems to work better now that the branding has changed from BT to EE, but there are two new issues occurring. One is that, when skimming through a programme that is recording, reaching the 'live' point often causes the picture to freeze until I rewind again. The other, more serious, is a regular loss of picture quality while using the box, with all brightness and green colour disappearing from the image. Unfortunately your server can't accept photos large enough to demonstrate the fault. Rebooting the box from the mains does resolve the issue, but of course results in an interruption in the programme being recorded. Please advise.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Recurring bugs since the change to EE TV

@MartinJSUK 

What are you taking your photos on? On this iPad, I use a free (ad-supported) utility called Photo Compress.

i also know of another one called Image Size, which has much more functionality, though it’s less intuitive in use, and Photo Compress suffices for this Community.

No doubt similar tools exist for Android-based devices.

Other Khoros-based Communities I use don’t have this size restriction, but they probably end up stuffed with unnecessarily large images 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

What tool do you recommend on Windows? I've just had the same issue again (ruining another live program) so I need to chase this up, but I'm not logged in on my phone (and its much easier to type lengthy messages on a PC keyboard than a phone one).

Simple truth is, I regret joining BT, and would advise others against it. It would have cost me a lot to get Sky as I'm in a second-floor flat, but for the five years I've been here it would have saved me so much hassle. The underlying hardware is so utterly terrible, certainly worse than when I was a subscriber in 2014-2017 or so.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

On your experience  @MartinJSUK 

when skimming through a programme that is recording, reaching the 'live' point often causes the picture to freeze until I rewind again.”

to clarify  this is when you are viewing the Recording  (that is still in progress) rather than the live linear channel buffer ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

That's correct. I know it's not an essential feature by any means, but its something that it would be really convenient to be able to do, to start watching a programme 15 minutes after its started, and then skim through the ads, to save time

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

A similar - if not the same - bug was present on Sagem PVRs from 20 years ago.  A bug was finally rolled out to fix a dodgy hard drive driver at the end of the product lifecycle, but only in France, as I recall...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

@MartinJSUK 

I suspect that the question is not so much of which app to use but which format

Try posting your picture in JPG format, .BMP images are far too big 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

It's already a JPEG, less than 1Mb which I don't think is a huge file for a server to be able to accept, considering the data it has to contain in order to demonstrate the fault (or any other technical fault, indeed), but if it can be compressed down further, I'll happily use a program to do so.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

1MB is too big, the limit is 333KB.

Does your app allow you to adjust the quality of the image? I use Photoshop but as far as I know you should be able to use the default Windows "Photos" app

EDIT: Just as a test, I've just used Photos to resize a 6MB image to 333KB and it was easy-peasy and the image quality was easily good enough for the web

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Thanks

this should show the issuethis should show the issue

0 Ratings