cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Remote connection

Next time it doesn't work, try resetting the remote.
Or turn the TV off and on again.
It needs something to trigger the box to query the TV again - I'm not sure what the default triggers are.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

Both TVs are in different rooms, all worked fine till last week only on bt box, then the past week stopped, matrix box is connected to all tvs and hasn’t been touched or changed, like I said work sporadically but before worked just fine, I feel like it’s probably an issue that can’t be solved here haha, but I just wanted to ask incase I was doing something wrong 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Is there any chance you're doing something in a different order?
e.g. on my setup at home, if I turn the TV on first then my soundbar doesn't kick in, but if I turn the pro box on, the TV and soundbar turn on automatically.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

Yeah I’ve tried all that no bother though!! I will figure it out thank you so much 🙂 at least o know it’s not just something I’m missing!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

No, literally turn the tv on, then press the bt button on sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes I turn the box on and off a few times it works sometimes it doesn’t sometimes I play on the other tv and after a few hours it decides to work so I can control on the tv I’m watching even though an hour ago it wouldn’t work and I’ve don’t nothing 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@Amy31 

OK, walk me through how it’s supposed to work.

The Pro box is in one room, you want to watch it on a TV in another room, so you take the Pro remote into that room, turn the TV there on with it, press the BT button to start the Pro box, the TV switches itself to the HDMI channel the Pro box is on, and away you go?

In the dear dead days before HDMI, we had a setup pretty much like that; a Sky box then, under the main TV in the lounge, and a thing called a Digisender attached to one of the SCART Outs on the Sky box.

Then, on each of two bedroom TVs, we had a Digisender receiver wired to them by SCART.  The Digisender and its receivers would communicate by wireless. When we pressed buttons on the Sky remote in one of these bedrooms, the receiver would detect the IR, pass it back to the Digisender, which would output it on a little IR sender pointed at the Sky box, and then the Sky box would wake up and do whatever the remote was asking, sending recordings or live TV to the receiver, for us to watch on the bedroom TV.

It sounds like you have a modern-day version of that.

Only thing was, the Sky remote could only work the two TVs that were the same make: the third one was different. But Sky remotes were easily and cheaply available, so we put one in each room, programmed for the TV there.

Other thing was, the magic eye repeater would get moved from time to time, so we had to ensure it was pointed at the Sky box magic eye at all times. Anything like that happening on your setup?

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Sounds similar, the box is in one room and the TVs are in separate rooms from the box each have a sensor, they both worked perfectly fine last night no issues, so it doesn’t happen all the time but it’s annoying when it doesn’t work, it’s clearly not a simple thing I’m missing so that’s fine I’ll just deal with it as it is haha

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

@Amy31 

I operate on the principle that anything I set up with our AV equipment that only I can understand and work is a Fail 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

😂😂

0 Ratings