cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Remote control problems with BT Pro Box

My second question re my BT Pro Box... strangely, I had no problems whatsoever before the EE update.. mine has updated, shows the EE logo, and has a front green light. I never really liked the remote control which came with the Pro Box as it seemed to have less functionality, so I continued using that from my defunct DTR2100. However, I decided to try the correct blue tooth remote. It will switch the box on & off, and that's it... nothing else works. I've done two full factory resets, but still nothing... the indicator flashes on the power button of the remote every time I press any other button , but the box does not respond. Thanks for any insights.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Remote control problems with BT Pro Box

@JPS130 

My Samsung TV Bluetooth smart remote also has IR for On/Off, but while unpaired, does not control anything else on the Samsung TV it came with.

I wonder if the Pro remote is the same in this regard?

Try resetting the remote and re-pairing it, as here:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/how-do-i-control-my-tv-with-my-bt-tv-remote-control-#:~:te....

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Remote control problems with BT Pro Box

Excellent advice. That fixed it... Home&9 together. Many thanks for taking the time to reply.
0 Ratings