cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Signal interference

Grateful for advice on action to stop signal interference (short black outs) with TV caused when buses pass the house, linked, I think, to the bus radios.  This has been going on for years but seems to have got more frequent of late. Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Signal interference

Some of the channels still come via the aerial.  Is your TV aerial compatible with 4g?  I had similar when 4g started.  A new aerial helped a lot.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Not sure. I'll check thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

If this reception via an aerial then first port of call is the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/problems-freeview-reception/#/Freeview

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Thanks Guru. I'll check situation with aerial.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Phibber 

We had this problem, on an upstairs TV, but I was out when the BT engineer called. So my wife tried to demonstrate the problem to him, but a couple of buses passed with no problem. So she decided that it probably only happened when we were lying down; and accordingly, she lay on the bed, and the engineer lay beside her.

Thats how I found them, anyway, when I came home. “What the hell’s going on here?” I demanded. With perfect composure, the BT engineer replied, “Well this may sound unlikely, but we’re waiting for a bus”.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
Message 7 of 8

That sounds like a tall story to me - but a good one!
Message 8 of 8

I've checked position with aerial as suggested by a couple of folk.  Signal for all of the terrestrial channels are coming in through the aerial so I'll contact BBC as suggested for further advice.  First time using the Community service so help greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings