cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

They have to be intentionally fed into the system, processed and encoded, with necessary conditional-access rights attached for them be viewed. Its no mistake.

Message 12 of 221

No doubt that UHD sport is coming to the NOW app and the pricing will be interesting as they will not want to undermine Sky Stream uptake.

If I was a betting man I would put my money on the channels being available via EE TV on the Apple TV supplied by them only.

Whatever happens, you can guarantee it will be a mess on EE TV.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 221

I'm more interested to see if they launch other non-sport Sky content in UHD. 

I have recently got rid of Sky Stream as the puck was a pile of junk, so if they can offer Sky Cinema and Sky Original content in UHD with HDR on NOW then I'll be very happy. 

The press release for Sky Sports+ mentions NOW very prominently, and points out that NOW customers will be able to pause and rewind live sport for the first time so they're clearly planning quite a big update. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 221

@And_Awaywrote:

NOW customers will be able to pause and rewind live sport for the first time

That's been possible for a while on selected devices. It was always available on their own branded hardware as well Roku. BT subscribers could do it through the EPG.

Many more devices were added earlier this year but I think the app on BT/EE boxes is still lacking.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 221

@rbz5416wrote:

@And_Awaywrote:

NOW customers will be able to pause and rewind live sport for the first time

That's been possible for a while on selected devices. It was always available on their own branded hardware as well Roku. BT subscribers could do it through the EPG.

Many more devices were added earlier this year but I think the app on BT/EE boxes is still lacking.

Apologies - I've no idea about sport. I never watch it so have never subscribed to it via NOW or Sky. I was only regurgitating what Sky themselves posted on their own Sky Sports+ press release:

As part of the Sky Sports+ launch, NOW members will also be able to pause and rewind live sports content for the first time.

Of course Sky rarely have a clue about what their own service is or isn't capable of, they'll make up any old nonsense to get people to subscribe to them. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 221

@And_Awaywrote:

I'm more interested to see if they launch other non-sport Sky content in UHD. 

You can get all of the HBO/MAX stuff today, in UHD HDR and the correct framerate. Google, an Apple TV and a VPN are your friend.

Otherwise, HBO/MAX will be available next year as a standalone app on most platforms, including EE TV in 2037.

I would be surprised if they did offer just UHD via NOW for Sports, but the Cinema offering is pretty poor these days and there really isn't much nature content in UHD HDR on the platform.

The Sky Originals could be I suppose, but again, apart from Gangs of London there isn't much I have enjoyed from Sky Studios or even warrants UHD HDR to be honest.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 17 of 221

@And_Away 

It's possible they're talking about pausing Bonus Streams. That's how multiple matches have been delivered previously & it hasn't been possible to pause those. But I guess we'll have to wait until launch.

Message 18 of 221

So it's going to be called Ultra Boost apparently. 

This will unlock UHD and Atmos on the Now TV app. 

Officially excited about this. I'm guessing it'll be £10pm.

Message 19 of 221

Super excited, but I wonder how we add this on if our account is managed by BT? And will it be £10 or a smaller fee on top of the £6 we already pay for “UHD”.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 20 of 221

I wonder if that will include the existing 'Boost' option at £6pm or if you will have to have that too?

@And_Awaywrote:

So it's going to be called Ultra Boost apparently. 

This will unlock UHD and Atmos on the Now TV app. 

Officially excited about this. I'm guessing it'll be £10pm.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings