cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

@Brucemeister5wrote:

@DarrenDev  Are you able to confirm that once the complications have been worked though, NOW UHD will be available to EETV customers on BT broadband with Pro TV or Mini devices? The graphic in Message 38 suggests that Apple 4K devices are already capable of streaming NOW UHD. 

Not just capable but doing so now, people are watching content currently according to posts and images on other forums this morning.

There does appear to be a slight bug for some on live Sky Sports content needing you to change the Apple TV output to 4K HDR instead of 4K SDR as the app doesn't seem to switch correctly for live sport, when it is for anything on demand.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 62 of 221

The TV Box Pro, TV Box Mini, and Apple TV are all capable of streaming it.
I can't talk about future products/propositions/prices I'm afraid - even if I knew (I'm intentionally not asking the question, in case I publicly infer something that I shouldn't).
They'll be announced in due course (I've asked someone in charge of all this to come up with a formal statement).
Message 63 of 221

BT/EE will need to make a change to the existing HD Addon, how the implement that could come in a variety of ways.

If we accept that our existing $6 addon will not suddenly include Ultra HD for NowTV then the will need to split it out. At the moment that fee gets you NowBoost and TNT Sports Ultimate together doesnt it?

Will the option be there to add on just HD and with a different addon for UHD and will it end up being linked to both TNT and Now as one addon like it is now.

Its not what @DarrenDev 's team are working on which worries me, its the pricing addons etc that do, I feel like thats going to take forever. Im not over concerned how much its going to cost, itll be what 5 quid or so more than what we pay for that addon now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 64 of 221

@naylor2006 I'm out of contract in about a week, for both broadband and TV - so its a fairly easy walk away for me. Two emails from BT arrived this morning about renewal of both. Broadband I'll probably stick with but downgrade to 500. TV looks tempting, Full Works for £25 a month for 3 months, then rising to full price for the duration of a new 24 month contract. I might've gone for that - but there is no way on Earth that I'm signing a 24 month contract now when I have no idea when UltraBoost might arrive, and in the meantime EE/BT would have full control of my Now account and offer no way for me to upgrade to UltraBoost. It's particularly galling as I rarely use the BT Pro Box for anything other than linear Freeview stuff over multi-cast. I currently stream most Now content on my 2 AppleTV 4K boxes.

Message 65 of 221

Run @Hooba , get out while you can! 😁

If you haven’t already, check out the threads on AV Forums if you want to deliver live TV or use things like Plex DVR to get everything running on the Apple TV. 

Plenty of other great value ISP’s using Openreach that will give you better value, kit and no price rises out there.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 66 of 221

@HoobaYep similar for me which is why I didn't when I left Sky go straight back to BT/EE for Sky Sports (plus I don't want to lose my TNT only deal).

As you say the Pro Box is good for Freeview over IP but I'm still using my Apple TV as my main device. The TV Launcher app has been a bit of a game changer (and worth the £4.99 cost) as it is a really good way of still having an EPG . I mainly watch live sport so a proper EPG is really handy (previously I was using the Pro Box EPG then going to the relevant app).

Message 67 of 221

Ive got like 18 months left but I dont begrudge it too much, to go separately to get TNT and Sky Sports via Discovery and NowTV is so much money, plus once you get off any new customer stuff you are at the mercy of their pricing.

Yeah the EETV prices at the moment are pretty good.

I am the same, the EETV box is there so we can watch Freeview and series link things, its quite a good experience and I really value being able to record football sometimes, I have a young daughter, some kicks offs are just not worth trying to juggle when I can record and watch in the evening instead.

The 3TV's we have here are all primarily used with Apple TV4K, so if the EETV Box itself takes forever to implement it its not the end of the world, I just want BT to allow me to purchase the addon soon as possible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 68 of 221

The thing is - I don't watch a lot of TV (well, I don't think I do)! It's mainly 'event' TV that I'll sit down and watch i.e. footy, F1, bit of boxing. Other than that I usually have a box set on the go from either Netflix, Amazon, AppleTV+. Or I'll buy or rent a movie on AppleTV store.

And that's the thing - I'm not starved for UHD / Atmos content. Most of what I watch is UHD / Atmos. I can even tell you how great Premier League footy is in UHD / Atmos - because I watch it on TNT. So I know what I'm missing. 

Message 69 of 221

@Hooba yeah, I should reword my point, nearly everything I watch is 4K HDR, nearly all the games I play also...

The continual frustration for me has been how little Sport is there to watch in UHD, bad enough that TNT think one channel is good enough and sometimes dont even broadcast a particularly game in UHD...let alone that NowTV could have for a long time just charged an extra few quid (which they love) to allow access to Sky Sports UHD content.

On a big tele, 55" and up, sport really benefits from it, especially football, the players are relatively small against the background along with the ball. Its not like we dont want to pay for it, we just want it.

Message 70 of 221

@stereohaven wrote:

@Kimbrich6wrote:

That looks like to me that ee tv isn’t getting it at all

It does, but to be fair that may mean the NOW app rather than through the TV Guide.

You will have to wait for BT/EE to confirm. Plus they will need to explain the drop from 3 devices to 2 on Boost as that may impact some users.

It took me a while to get an answer on this:

If you had Now Boost before 31st July 2024, you'll still get 3 devices.  New orders from today will be told that the limit is 2.