cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

Im still getting HDR10 on the Roku Streaming Stick. No HLG, which is annoying as its vastly superior.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 221

IMG_0752.jpeg

so I only have now tv through eetv full works package but using the NowTV app on my LG tv I get uhd/hlg hdr/atmos

Message 83 of 221

Well that will please people who can access via another device if it works for all 👍🏻

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 84 of 221

Out of interest, those who have the Now App on a supported device, where are the Sky Sports UHD channels?

As much as house of the dragon is available I cannot test that as I don’t have anything more than Big Sport through BT, so where in the app do the sport UHD channels pop up?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 85 of 221

@naylor2006 they just replace their HD equivalents in the tv guide or watch live sections. Although unlike when I had UHD via Sky it doesn’t seem to have (when I looked earlier) the HD versions as an option which was useful when non UHD programming was being broadcast or there were issues. For instance for the Miami GP last year everyone looked like lobsters for the first practice session!

Message 86 of 221

Ahh okay. Well that’s it confirmed, is not working for me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 87 of 221

@stereohaven 

Thanks, but I don’t know what the HDR10 bug is, and Googling it has made me none the wiser 😢

I can’t look at what the settings for HDR on the Apple TV box are at the moment (wife asleep in the bedroom), but why would I have to choose an HDR setting - why doesn’t the box just detect and handle whatever sort of HDR the source material is supplying?

Apple say: On Apple TV 4K, content automatically plays in the HDR format that is compatible with your television.

And if the bug is that it’s not doing that, then what exactly is it doing wrong, and what, if anything is the fix?

I play things, the Apple TV says HDR, presumably the TV (an LG OLED48C24LA) renders the HDR, so what goes wrong where?

I’ve commented before on BBC iPlayer Wimbledon in HDR looking washed out, which turned out to be the TV having different Picture settings for HDR, which I never knew before, and corrected when I did.

But none of the HDR the Apple TV has served up has looked wrong.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 88 of 221

Never mind @Midnight_Voice , I’m following a thread on another forum where they are discussing it, but it is a NOW app bug since Ultra Boost launched, specific to the version on Apple TV.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 89 of 221

@stereohaven 

Which is precisely where I took that screenshot from, the Now app on Apple TV.

Care to link to that discussion for me?

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 90 of 221

@scointer assuming you're using the same email address to log into Now TV as you do these forums, your account has an all-standard subscription on it, so I can't see any reason why Now TV would be treating you any different to any other EE TV subscriber?  Strange.

0 Ratings