cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

BVT/EE are a different provider of course they're going to be behind Sky/Now on what is a Sky/Now product!

Message 112 of 221

Seems to me the biggest delays are always around the glacial pace of the YouView dev, which, having made some of them redundant recently, is not getting any quicker!

9 years to deliver YouTube, honestly... 😂

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 113 of 221

You always have to look at the whole picture.

Sky is a media company and therefore thier TV offering is always going to be ahead of BT/EE.

BT/EE is a telecoms company and therefore their BB offering is always going to be ahead of Sky.

Things will always depend slightly on where you are I.e some people were always unable to get satellite and some people are unable to get full fibre.

as an example for myself I can get uhd NowTV and Disney+ from sky that eetv can’t offer ‘yet’ but I can also get 1.6gbps fibre and hybrid connect from EE that I can’t get from sky.

There is very rarely one company that offers everything. You pay your money and you take your choice and everyone’s will be different….

and all this is without even considering prices…

Message 114 of 221

@garybs29 

I know it's a Now product. Having been involved with BT in the past I know how painfully slow they are in catching on to new innovations and always seem to lag behind other platforms when it comes to implementing testing etc for new innovations. 

0 Ratings
Message 115 of 221

@why_oh_why BT Sport was our innovation platform - we had a number of UK/Europe/World firsts with it, and had a strong influence on the market with it using our own content.  It's a lot easier to innovate when you don't have to ask for permission from everyone else first.

Message 116 of 221

No argument there as far as working on their own products / innovations. Unfortunately that's not the case when it comes to accepting invitations from others to test out new things. I think that's what the consumer misses since 'BT' dropped the ball with the whole EE tie up. There's just not the same desire there to innovate as was the case with BT themselves. It's a shame really as BT Sport were a joy to work with and always open to what was happening around them to improve their own offering.

Message 117 of 221

Stop distracting Darren from sorting out my UltraBoost 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 118 of 221

He has already told you on the EE community that if he was it would have been here already!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 119 of 221

@naylor2006 My biggest concern is that Mr Dev ( I almost spat my tea out when you used that one the other day 😂 ) isn’t involved in the UHD project and that I won’t be able to access any of the new features that may be introduced without moving off our special offer deal.

Message 120 of 221

Well it is his surname 🙂

I know hes not involved, I'm just trying to stay light because the darkness of not having UltraBoost when it is there to have may end up too much to take!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings