cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 121 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

That’s the point. It isn’t his surname. He’s a lead developer ( or at least he was in the BT Sport days).

0 Ratings
Message 122 of 221

Surely you knew I was joking on both occasions right?

I just spat out my tea!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 123 of 221

You got me there! 😂

0 Ratings
Message 124 of 221

Ironic that you mention the "darkness of not having UltraBoost" @naylor2006 ... the number of comments we had on sport about HDR being "too dark" was frustrating.

(now considering whether I should change my middle name to Dev)
0 Ratings
Message 125 of 221

Those weren't from me though, I like the Ultimate HDR channel, in fact I defended it, my frustrating is the lack of games broadcast on it which bleeds into the lack of UHD availability for sport all together (NOW), my frustrating is based on that fact it looks good and thats my preferable viewing. HDR problems are mostly going to be down to the TV, this is why I switch off all enhancements on all modes and run everything in GAME. My TV can have a different picture setting for Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG, if I was watching different content with different HDR formats I can end up with Vision being set to vibrant, HLG set to Cinema and HDR10 set to something else, all with different effects, if I get used to watching vibrant then anything else will look flat.

So its GAME always on everything for me, first thing I do when I get a tele.

I probably shouldnt have used the phrase 'darkness' considering the topic, I meant 'misery' 🙂

FWIW, I like Mr Dev.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 126 of 221

@naylor2006 said:

“Well it is his surname 🙂

I think you might find that @DarrenDev is an eloper… 😎

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 127 of 221

@DarrenDev 

I could never understand the complaints about the HDR picture being too dark. I think Joe Bloggs has been too used to having their tv set to wacky picture modes such as Vivid / Dynamic and were oblivious to the fact "darker" (to put it bluntly) is the proper implementation for HDR material.

Message 128 of 221

Yep, totally agree and folks like us who turn on vivid by accident end up in a neon nightmare.

Message 129 of 221

Appreciate that there’s no official news on when this’ll go live, but for anyone interested, there may be some testing going on.

A quick scan of the EE multicast range is bringing up 7 channels with a resolution of 3840x2160. None of the UHD channels have channel names attached to them. 

I last scanned about a month ago and there was 2 - both for TNT Sport. The subtitle stream isn't encrypted so it's possible to rule out duplicates. 

Obviously they are encrypted, but you can see breaking up of the image which suggests there’s moving video underneath. At least 2 also have HDR metadata.

Message 130 of 221

OoOoOOo

For my own learning, how do you do such a scan?

0 Ratings