cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 171 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

Still waiting for a mystical offer to move from BT to EE, but priced up Full Fibre 100 for the parents and was offered the Full Works for £60 for 24 months.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 172 of 221

@stereohaven 

Wow, that’s a whole £1.99 a month off! I hope you got the £50 Reward card for them…

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 173 of 221

Hey mate, happy to share the info for educational purposes. 

I’m using an app called Simple TV. It’s a fully fledged multicast IPTV client for Windows, and handily includes a scanner that searches across IP ranges.

I figured out that all active streams are hanging around between 234.81.130.100 and 234.81.132.255 using port 5802. 

So, for example, here's the url for the 'test channel' (currently carrying Channel 4); 

rtp://234.81.132.57:5802 

or the EETV preview channel;

rtp://234.81.131.194:5802

or (strangely), the old AMC SD channel (currently showing More4)

rtp://234.81.131.195:5802

Obviously the majority of the channels are encrypted, but these should all open with VLC. 

It's really useful for troubleshooting multicast issues - especially if you're using a 3rd party router. 

Message 174 of 221

@why_oh_why 

The thought process was a bit nuanced, I’m aware of the cancellation retention, I’ve been through it before but on this occasion I had a specific worry.

They were offering £25 fixed for 6 months, if I signed up to the full price for the one month I was worried that if I didn’t get a cancellation deal the £25 offer might have disappeared before the full price month expired. I figure they are getting people to latch on now and once the season starts pricing won’t be as favourable to new customers.

At least that was a theory. £25 for 6 months is half decent plus £9 for ultra boos after 1 month free, once EE sort it out I can remove boost from my direct account, that’s if EE even sort this in the next 6 months…

I’m excited about finally having UHD sky sports in the main planner!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 175 of 221

@DaveSwan thanks for this, definitely going to have a play around with it!

This has probably been posted on a few pages back, I think there was a post about which devices had support for NOWUHD. In my home I have 3 Apple TV 4K's, two first gen and one 3rd gen, I can confirm that neither of my 1st Gen 4K Apple TV's display the new UHD channels or Entertainment items such as the House of Dragon with a UHD stamp.

This isnt a disappointment to me because my main super duper 65" LGC3 TV in our main lounge has the 3rd Gen Apple TV. The other two are seldom used by me to watch football. Strange though as both those 1st Gen 4K TV's can do HDR10, Dolby Vision, Atmos and so on.

Also what is up with the Audio on the SkySports UHD channels, its just all coming out my rear speakers even though the AVR is saying 6 channels are active...., I flicked back to Apple TV Plus and watched Silo to check and thats Atmos and works fine, all channels as you would expect center, left right, surround r l etc...., my AVR shows Atmos for Silo and Sky Sports UHD but I get some weird mono sound mix from the rears only..., I wonder if this is because Sky Sports News isnt presented in actual surround, I checked the F1 channel and its the same.

What the hell....

EDIT: Just switched off Atmos on the ATV for now, so its just the normal MultiChannel Output Apple does which always works.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 176 of 221

I note that the NOW App on the EE Pro Box is inviting users to upgrade when the TV Guide is accessed. Of course it gets nowhere when clicked. Lets hope things accelerate and that this is offered soon. 

Message 177 of 221

When Darren said it wouldn’t be ready for the beginning of the season I do wonder if it’ll be weeks if not months rather than days 😕

0 Ratings
Message 178 of 221

@naylor2006 Sky Sports F1 UHD doesn't carry Atmos because the global F1 feed isn't Atmos. Sky Sports Main Event UHD shows Atmos on F1 when they simulcast but it isn't actually Atmos surround.

0 Ratings
Message 179 of 221

The sound is clearly not right yet, however going back to Multi Channel is fine at the moment rather then trying for a proper atmos implementation.
0 Ratings
Message 180 of 221

I think the Now app on AppleTV is a bit deficient .... it doesn't make use of match dynamic range or frame rate. In addition, for the UHD channels the Now app is telling AppleTV that all audio is Atmos, when very little actually is Atmos. So, it's a mess. Can obvs be worked around, but a disappointing faff. When a broadcast is truly Atmos though it does work well. Hoping BT/EE TV can deliver Ultraboost asap !

0 Ratings