cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Software update.

There is a software update on Pro Box.  Component 4.1.116

Manufacturer Software 0.9.88.  not sure what it's done but the featured apps have moved around, I get STV Player after MY5.  With EETV Player shunted further along. Had that before,  Also noticed BBC SOUNDS app there now... Incidentally I am in West Country region.  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Software update.

Some glitches with iPlayer seem to have been sorted out. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Bluemoon1 good spot.

The app order is I believe determined by YouView User Interface Policy. This was I believe last Reviewed in Autumn 2023 and decisions anounced in late October for implementation in November.

What you do find is that currently the Featured App order does not at this point in time conform to order determined by  the (YouView) User Interface Policy.

If you select Apps (on LHS) you get all the apps listed  in a grid.  That order is I believe consistent with the (Youview) User Interface Policy.

I suspect it may be a mistake in the featured app order unless Youview has revised the policy again (and not published the results)

Message 4 of 6

I'm in Scotland and the stv player app is next to the BBC Iplayer app, so unless it shifts to a position depending on your region 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Weerab1983  Different  order applies to England , Wales and Scotland (STV area).

YouView UI policy gives PSBs the most prominent  positions  so STV App gets 2nd position in Scotland  (STV) area , Sc4 Clic app  should have 3rd position  in Wales  etc.

Message 6 of 6

Just got the box out the cupboard, no update available here so phased rollout I guess.

Still on 4.1.108 (ee43cf) for component, 0.9.58 for Manufacturer Software.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings