cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Sports Channels all gone!

Go to solution

@alexmidd The remote has probably just lost its Bluetooth connection, press and hold Home and 9 to re-pair it to the box.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have/resetting-your-remote-contr... 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution
Ah, that worked. It’s just restarting now, so I’ll see what happens next and get back. Thanks for that tip re the remote, I’ll have to remember it. 👏
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

OK, the reset seems to have worked. I’ve got the sports channels back now but it doesn’t seem to want to work with the aerial. That connection is fine because the TV works with the terrestrial channels, just not the box. Anyway, I’ve set it to stream all channels for now, so that will do.

Thanks very much for all the suggestions, I couldn’t have done it without you. 👍

Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @alexmidd that's great I'm glad the sports channels are working again. 

If you plug the aerial in and go to settings then choose TV signal quality, what percentage strength and quality are the two bars at?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Hi

It won’t give me that information because it says I have to be on an aerial channel to get it. Because I selected streaming only all the channels are streaming channels and not aerial channels. Funnily enough though I had checked the signal quality the other day and it was 99% and 100%, but I suppose something could have changed since then.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

OK, that one was my fault. Whilst resetting the box and pulling the mains lead out, I had obviously disturbed the aerial input and it was loose. I can now get the channels on the TV (i.e. directly, not via the box) but can’t see how to get the box back to using the aerial channels. Does it mean I have to do another reset?

Message 17 of 19

Go to solution
Yes, another reset is needed to go back to aerial.

Regarding the original issue - if all the subscription channels were gone then it just means the box loaded the wrong config. Do you have Hybrid Connect on your broadband? If the broadband had failed and it switched over to the backup, your box would reset to being a non-BT box and would remove all the channels. The same would also happen if it was connected to a non BT line for any reason. Checking for a software update would fix that.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @alexmidd if you selected "Stream Channels from the internet" during the post-reset set up, your TV box will not use the aerial port, and will need another reset to select "Receive TV Channels from your aerial" at the TV Channels Mode settings.

More info here if needed:

Set Up BT TV box | BT Help | BT Help

Thanks 

David

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

OK, thanks for the suggestions. I did the reset like before and it’s all working fine now. I’ve learned a little about how the box works, and the Bluetooth reconnection for the remote is good to know.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings