cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Support for old BT TV YouView box to be withdrawn

As of 28th February, the below pictured BT YouView box will no longer be supported.

NickBS_0-1707752404431.jpeg

What will change?

You’ll still be able to watch and record Freeview channels.

However, you’ll no longer be able to use anything requiring an internet connection, this includes BBC iPlayer, All 4, My 5, Netflix and EE Player. You’ll also be unable to view TNT Sports channels or watch any previous recordings from these channels.

Looking to upgrade your TV package and box?

Check out our best TV deals online or you can discuss your options with our team by calling 0330 1234 150.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Support for old BT TV YouView box to be withdrawn

Which youview box is it.;DTR------
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

@Cliff 

It's the T1000 as the image shows.

Message 4 of 13

That assumes you know what the different models look like. Giving the model number and explaining how to dive into Settings to determine which model you have would have been helpful in addition to posting a picture.
Message 5 of 13

@gomezz @TimCurtis @Cliff 

If you are walking up to a YouView box to see if it is like the one in the picture, and it looks like the one in the picture, you really don’t have to know what model number it is, nor how to check that in Settings 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Ah but @Midnight_Voice  maybe they have their old box stored in a box labelled DTR-1000.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@Midnight_Voice 

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck….its definitely not a T1000 🙈

Message 8 of 13

@gomezz
Absolutely,i don't have any idea what the different boxes look like but the model number would have made it perfectly clear which box it was.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@zulu17 

Mine’s stored in a box labelled DTR-T2000 (long story) 😛

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Ive just spent 3 weeks 18 hours of calls trying to get my package sorted as i had entertainment package. Finally got it partially sorted, but asked loads of times if my old box would be compatable when changed to ee and told it would be fine?

Still no discovery plus access or mini boxes i was promised or reschedule of 2 cancelled tech visits. 

0 Ratings