cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

TV Box mini getting YVM102

Go to solution

Hi, I am suffering from a self inflicted problem and in need of some advice.

Installed last week,  a BT smart hub 2, TV box pro, and a TV Box mini for an upstairs room directly above the living room, so a strong WIFI signal for connecting to. After a few teething problems, all working well, including the TV Box mini.

I have two devices that do not like 5mhz WIFI, mainly a security camera, so I looked online, and it suggested simply turning off the 5mhz, and leave the 2.4, on the Smart Hub 2 using the PC, which I did, and as suggested, added the comments on the remaining 2.4ghz channel  "2.4", so it could be identified, which I did. All went well, and my phone and devices all OK. I suddenly remembered the mini box, so went upstairs to check it, and it was not happy, showing YVM102 error.

I tried rebooting the Smart Hub 2 by unplugging for a minute, but still not working upstairs, so decided to put everything back, and on the advanced settings page on the hub, clicked reset, and all returned to normal, except the mini TV box, which still shows the errors YVM102.

I have tried unplugging the mini TV box, and the Smart Hub 2 in the bedroom, but on reconnecting, I still get the errors on the TV connected to the mini TV Box. So what am I doing wrong?

As a secondary problem, because I have put the WIFI back to both 2.4 and 5Mhz, the two devices that do not connect to 5mhzno longer connect.  Is there a way of doing this, or are they toast?

Thanks in advance for suggestions. Brian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV Box mini getting YVM102

Go to solution

Hi Brian, a YVM102 is the Box Mini saying it can no longer see the hub.

TV boxes only use the 5Ghz band when connecting by Wi-Fi due to the data transfer rates needed for HD and UHD services.

If you have now re-enabled 5Ghz on the hub, you should be able to get the Mini box reconnected by going to "Settings / Broadband Connection" and clicking on "Change Connection", then selecting either:

• "Wi-Fi - WPS" to automatically join the hub Wireless network  (then press the WPS button on the side of the hub within 2 minutes) or
  • "Wi-Fi Scan" to rescan and manually enter the Wi-fi password for your hub

Hope that helps,

David 

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi   David, I did what you suggested, but now the main TV is not working. The main TV box pro was connected via cable, and I suspect when I pressed change connection, I went up stairs to the mini box where the problem is, and my wife shouted up the main TV is off, and at this point I cannot get it back on?

I am really sorry about this, it was all going so well. How do I get the main TV back on, I just unplugged the Smart Hub 2, and the TV Box pro, put them back on on, but  there is now a source error, as I suspect the TVbox is on WIFI. Can I reset this somehow back to cable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Well David, at least one problem has been found. I decided to do a factory reset on the Smart Hub, so now the main TV on the TV Box Pro is working again.

The fault that has become evident is one of the remote controls does not appear to work reliably. I have been using either control, and both were working yesterday, but now, one is clearly not well. Batteries are fine, but periodically has no effect on the box, even will not switch on or off though the led flashes. There is no doubt it has caused some confusion, as sometimes it appeared the TV box was frozen, but that is not the case, just using one control, the downstairs part of the installation is now working fine again.

I have not looked at the upstairs mini TV box yet, I need a short rest  ;o)

I will need to sort out the faulty remote at some stage, can I order a new one?.  Kind regards, Brian

EDIT Upstairs, the mini TVbox is now working OK again, I assume the factory reset sorted that out. I have decided to leave the WIFI speed alone for a few days, as it is all working again now. But if anybody could give me some guidance regarding connecting the two 2.4ghz devices to the WIFI, I would appreciate it.

Thanks again David for your input.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hello Brian,

I'm glad your TV Box Pro and TV Box Mini are working again.

It seems like your remote (which connects via Bluetooth) may need to be re-paired to the TV Box Pro.
To re-connect, press and hold the Home and 7 buttons together, the power light (BT logo) button on the remote should flash indicating the remote is now paired with the TV Box Pro. If that doesn't work try the same process with Home and 9.

I hope this sorts the remote out for you.

Steve (working with David, who replied previously)

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

0 Ratings