cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

TV box glitches

I have a BT tv box which switched to EE, I have noticed that any recordings are glitching and it becomes pixilated, it does resume but then glitches and pixilates throughout viewing.  

Any ideas how to sort this?

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV box glitches

Hi @MrsDD89 and welcome.

Thanks for posting about your BTTV box, sorry you're having problems. How is the box connected? Is it wired or wireless? Are you using adaptors or extenders? Have you tried resetting it?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Sorry for slow reply.

How is the box connected? Is it wired or wireless? The box is wired

Are you using adaptors or extenders? No

Have you tried resetting it? We tried a factory reset but won't be able to test now until it records the next F1 as that is the only thing we record and watch 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @MrsDD89 - looks like you are on an Full Fibre connection?

I can see some issues with the connection on 7th July around the time Channel 4 were covering the F1 British Grand Prix scheduled programmes - have you seen any issues on subsequent F1 programmes?

If you are recording the Belgian Grand Prix over the weekend, please post back how you get on and I'll take a deeper dive.

Thanks

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes that is correct about the fibre connection. 

I did notice when we recorded a itv2 programme a while ago too. But thought it was ITV as never had any complaints from the husband until now. 

Yes the british one was glitchy  and the Hungarian grand prix highlight was really bad. 

I will let you know how this one goes at the weekend 🙂.

Thanks again

Thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hello @MrsDD89  and thanks for the reply. We can see the box was factory reset to use the aerial instead of broadband for Freeview connection on Sunday, can I check whether the Hungarian highlights were recorded from Channel 4 or one of the Sky F1 channels that come from the broadband connection?

From what I can see your TV box aerial connection has a decent signal level with low noise on the DTT feed so I would not expect any pixelation on recordings made from C4 coming from that source if you are recording the highlights. If you are watching or recording the live race from Sky then that will still be from the broadband connection. 

I'll check back on Monday to see how you got on.

thanks

David

0 Ratings