cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

discovery+ upgrade for EE TV customers during Olympics

To celebrate the Olympic games, all EE TV customers (with discovery+ basic) are getting a free upgrade to discovery+ standard.

You'll have access to the upgraded content (via discovery+ app and channels) so you can watch every moment of the Olympics, which kicks off on July 26th.

Who will get it

The upgrade will be free to all our discovery+ basic customers. The free upgrade runs between 22nd July to August 12th

After August 12th access to the content will no longer be available, including any recordings made from the Eurosport channels.

What if I already have discovery + Premium?

For our Sport, Big Sport, Sport on Copper and Full Works customers (or customers who take our TNT Sports add on) who already have access to the Olympic coverage via their Premium subscription, you’ll see 7 extra Eurosport channels in the TV guide.

What will I get?

This means that ready for the opening ceremony, all eligible customers will have access to:

• 24/7 Coverage of the Olympic Games
    • All 9 Eurosport channels covering the Olympic games
    • Access to unlimited app content: EE TV customers will have full access to the discovery+ app, the only place where EE TV customers can watch every single moment of the Olympics – live 
    • You can see the channel numbers in the sport section here

We have thousands of customers who haven't activated their discovery+ subscription. To make sure you don't miss out, please click here to activate your subscription.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: discovery+ upgrade for EE TV customers during Olympics

Hi @JordanTA ,

When I access the Olympic channels on Discovery+ it tells me I need to upgrade in order to watch the content. How do I get access to the additional content provided with this free upgrade to Discovery+ Standard?

Many thanks,
Chris

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Chris

we've raised this with discovery+ and will come back as soon as we can. As far as we were aware it should be available now via the app but we'll get clarification.

Message 4 of 5

Im getting the same result - It tells me to contact the provider

I chatted with BT but got nowhere - The agent didnt seem to know about this

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JordanTA,

Just letting you and others know that the Olympic channels are now available through the Discovery+ app for me.

I'm not sure what has changed but it's now working. 🙂

Many thanks, 

Chris