cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

TV box has stopped recording

My TV box has stopped recording and even when I go into scheduled recordings it is saying nothing is scheduled to record, anyone know why this could be? My box is a Humax DTRT4000. I have tried a factory reset keeping recordings but nothing.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: TV box has stopped recording

You’ll need to specify which box you’ve got in order for those more technically proficient than me to be able to help with that.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Brucemeister5 

@Emmahenderson1988 said it was a DTR-T4000, which is the box with UHD that preceded the Box Pro.

I think it might have been known as the G5, but the above is what it will identify itself as if you ask it.

A box will stop recording if you fill it right up with recordings and don’t allow it to delete any to make more space. So my first question here is how full is it?

Other than that, it likely has disc, operating system, or hardware corruption 😢

If this is temporary or clearable, a Maintenance Mode Option 2 reset, Keep Recordings, will resolve it. This will clear up any operating system corruption.

But if it doesn’t, then the next step is a Maintenance Mode Option 5, Delete Recordings, same as Settings/Factory Reset. This will clear up any disc software corruption, and return the box to a working state, but clear it completely, so watch any recordings that you need to see before resetting the box, if it will let you watch them.

If this doesn’t work, then you have hardware corruption, and the box is probably terminal, though some people have had success installing a new disc, if it is just the disc that is bad. It’s quite easy; just pull the old disc and drop in a blank unformatted one, and the box will do the rest, if you want to try that.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Midnight_Voice The post was edited after I asked @Emmahenderson1988 to provide more information in the hope that you would jump on to help.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Brucemeister5 

Cheers. Too late for me to edit my post to reflect that, though. Hope it helped her anyway - no doubt we’ll hear.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 6 of 6

Thanks very much for the help. Unfortunately I had to phone BT as nothing I tried worked so they are sending me a new box which will come on Monday. Thanks again for the advice.